The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) is a leading international organization for credentialing and professional education. Founded in 1914, the CAS is the world’s only actuarial organization focused exclusively on property and casualty risks and serves over 9,500 members worldwide. CAS members are experts in property and casualty insurance, reinsurance, finance, risk management, and enterprise risk management. Professionals educated by the CAS empower business and government to make well-informed strategic, financial and operational decisions. Download the CAS Organizational Chart [PDF].
The purposes of the Casualty Actuarial Society are:
- to advance the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to general insurance, including property, casualty and similar risk exposures;
- to expand the application of actuarial science to enterprise risks and systemic risks;
- to establish and maintain standards of qualification for membership;
- to promote and maintain high standards of conduct and competence;
- to increase the awareness of actuarial science;
- and, to contribute to the well being of society as a whole.
CAS Envisioned Future
The CAS Envisioned Future, as outlined in the CAS 2021-2023 Strategic Plan, is:
CAS members are sought after globally for their insights and ability to apply analytics to solve insurance and risk management problems.
Read more about the CAS Envision Future by downloading the 2021-2023 Strategic Plan.
Commitment to Diversity
In principle and in practice, the CAS values and seeks diverse participation within the property/casualty actuarial profession. In support of those values, the CAS encourages an inclusive community where differences are celebrated and all have the opportunity to participate to their fullest potential in the CAS’s success. The CAS commits time and resources to accomplish this objective.
Learn More about CAS's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) efforts and access resources to support your own DE&I work.
Actuaries are required to adhere to the high standards of conduct, practice, and qualifications of the actuarial profession, thereby supporting the actuarial profession in fulfilling its responsibility to the public.
MeetingDisney’s Coronado Springs Resort
WebinarWednesday, June 1, 2022, 10:00-11:30 PM (ET) Thursday, June 2, 2022, 10:00-11:30 AM (HKT) Web