- 01/23/2018 2018 CAS Election Preferential Ballot and Petition Form for Board of Directors and President-Elect
- 02/14/2018 Registration Opens for the Interactive Live Stream Event: 2018 RPM Seminar
- 02/05/2018 Volunteers Needed for MAS Exams
- 02/05/2018 2018 Casualty Loss Reserve Seminar (CLRS) Call for Presentations
- 02/01/2018 Registration Opens for the Wheels Down Webinar
- 02/16/2018 Call for Papers 2018 Asian Actuarial Conference Hong Kong, 16-19 September 2018
- 02/16/2018 CAS Regional Affiliate in Asia (ARECA) Newsletter Volume 1
- 01/25/2018 15th ICA 2018 Newsletter
The CAS Roundtable
Richard A. Derrig, PhD passed away peacefully in Providence, RI on February 8, 2018. Dr. Derrig, also known as Richard … Read more
The CAS invites you to join us at the 2018 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling (RPM) Seminar, scheduled for March 19-21 in Chicago. Now in its 10th year, the RPM Seminar continues to evolve by amplifying its focus on modeling and offering sessions on innovative topics.
Did you attend a national meeting or seminar earlier this year? Looking for session handouts, event information or anything else related to that event? Check out the Professional Education Archives page.
Claim Levels Analytics Webinar
Mar 08, 2018
Midwest Actuarial Forum (MAF) Spring 2018 Meeting
Mar 09, 2018
Board of Directors Meeting
Mar 12, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm Central time
Casualty Actuaries of the Southeast (CASE) Spring 2018 Meeting - Save the Date
Mar 12, 2018
Executive Council Meeting
Mar 13, 2018
8:00 am - 2:00 pm Central time
Volume 45 Issue 1
Inside this issue,
• The Insurtech Revolution
• Actuaries Versus Artificial Intelligence: What Do Actuaries Do? What Will They Do?
• Get to Know the CAS Trust Scholarship Winners
• President's' Message: Strength in Numbers
• Editor's Note: New Year, New Website
And much more...
Variance Journal Volume 10, Issue 1
Future Fellows September 2017
Actuarial Review, May-June 2017
CAS E-Forum, Spring 2017
Actuarial Review, March-April 2017
Future Fellows, March 2017
Actuarial Review, January-February 2017
CAS E-Forum, Winter 2017
New tool measures changes in extreme weather events and sea level. Actuaries Climate Index Updates for Spring-Summer 2016.
Other research activities:
- 2017 Reinsurance Call Paper Program
- An Adaptation of the Classical CAPM to Insurance: The Weighted Insurance Pricing Model
- Compendium of Credit Risk Resources
- 2018 Climate Change Call for Papers
- Data and Technology Working Party Report
- Bornhuetter-Ferguson Initial Expected Loss Ratio Working Party Report
- How Does Expanding Health Insurance Coverage Affect Workers' Compensation Costs?
- 2016 CAS Reserves Call Papers.
- Coming Soon: The Effect of Health Insurance Coverage Expansions on Auto Liability Claims and Costs