The CAS is:
- developing this new exam in response to the needs of members, prospective members, and the holistic marketplace.
- making the content specific to the regulatory scheme where you will ultimately practice as an actuary.
- making an investment to support its global community by offering a new exam that will provide an opportunity for candidates to acquire the skills and knowledge to become an expert in international accounting standards and solvency regulations.
Yes, this exam will be 4-hour constructed response exam.
Registration for Exam 6 International is currently open and will close on October 1, 2021.
Yes, this exam will be offered via computer-based testing with our partners Pearson VUE.
- Our Partnership with Pearson VUE has expanded our testing centers for candidates, including testing locations in the following cities/states:
- Bangkok, Bangalore, Beijing, Chengdu, Dubai, Guangzhou, Ipoh, Islamabad, Karachi, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Mumbai, New Delhi, Penang, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Tokyo, and many others.
- A full list of test centers can be found on the Pearson VUE/CAS website.
- A majority of the study material can be located online at https://www.casact.org/exam/exam-6i-regulation-and-financial-reporting-international.
- The CAS is committed to providing a paperless experience exclusively for 6-International candidates by offering a digitally formatted study kit to registered candidates free of charge (Digital Study Kit). The Digital Study Kit can be found in the CAS Online Store.
No, the supplemental readings will not be covered on the exam, but rather are included to provide you with additional information that may be relevant for your career.
While Exam 6-International was created to afford international candidates the opportunity to take an exam that more closely aligned with their day-to-day work, anyone interested in working in the international marketplace could benefit from the material covered on this exam. The exam seeks to expand knowledge of international markets and provide practical information on various regulatory systems.
- Any candidate working outside of the United States or Canada who does not intend to work in those markets would benefit from the material covered on Exam 6-International. This exam will provide an international candidate with material covering a wide array of regulatory systems and International Financial Reporting Standards used outside of the United States and Canada, including IFRS 17, Solvency II, Takaful (Islamic) regulations, and regulations specific to China.
- The CAS has spent over three years finding, researching, and creating the necessary information for this international regulatory exam. Our senior leadership in tandem with university professors and international industry leaders have worked to ensure that this exam in not only relevant to international actuarial candidates but also meets the rigorous standards of all our other CAS exams.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the questions fall within the scope of the Syllabus materials. The goal was to produce an examination that contains representative, high-quality questions that test candidates' knowledge of the material. The wording of each question is considered carefully to eliminate possible ambiguities. Preliminary versions of each examination are thoroughly reviewed in relation to all these factors before the final examination is approved.
- As Exam 6-International is a new exam, it has not yet been approved by the NAIC for actuaries who want to sign US Statements of Actuarial Opinion. Candidates who wish to qualify for signing US Statements of Actuarial Opinion should plan to sit for Exam 6-United States.
- Those passing Exam 6-International will still enjoy the recognition and prestige that comes with our designations.