The objective of the scholarship is to further students' interest in the property/casualty actuarial profession and to encourage the pursuit of the CAS designations.
You must meet all requirements to be considered.
To be eligible you must:
- Submit all sections of the CAS Trust Scholarship application by January 31, 2023.
- Be currently attending college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full-time student in the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Have sat for at least one actuarial exam by March 31, 2023.
- Be a member of CAS Student Central.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not yet won the CAS Trust Scholarship.
You must submit the following:
- The online CAS Trust Scholarship application* and attached essay.
- The two recommendation letters** included in this application, preferably completed by individuals with whom you have a direct relationship and can provide insights into your potential as a future actuary. Separate letters must be submitted and accompanied by the recommendation forms included. Only two recommendation letters will be considered.
- A current official transcript. Indicate whether the academic term is a semester, trimester, or quarter. If the current transcript shows grades for only one academic term, then also provide the official transcript from your prior educational institution.
Please upload your official transcripts directly to the CAS Trust Scholarship application.
*Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
**It is the responsibility of the student to make sure all recommendation letters are complete and submitted by January 31, 2023.
Completed applications are due by January 31, 2023 and winners will be notified of award decisions by May 31, 2023.
Amount of Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of individual merit. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program will award scholarships in the amount of $5,000 and $2,500 to deserving students for the 2023-2024 academic year.
List of previous CAS Trust Scholarship recipients
If you have questions or need more information, contact:
CAS Trust Scholarship Manager
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 276-3100