2. Acceptance of Terms
3. CAS Representatives
The CAS has contracted with other vendors who may be engaged to act as representatives of the CAS with respect to the CAS website, including Higher Logic, Inc., REQ, Inc., Bluesky, Inc., and Matrix Interactive Group, Inc.
4. Description of Service
The CAS website currently provides clients and other users with access to a rich collection of resources, including various communications tools, forums, file areas, and personalized content through its online interface (the "Service"). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS.
Client is responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). Client is responsible for those fees. In addition, Client must provide and is responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
5. Registration Obligations
In consideration of use of the Service, Client agrees to the best of their abilities to: (a) provide current and complete information about themselves, their organization, and its users (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and update the Registration Data to keep it current and complete. In addition, Client understands that in order to keep them informed of CAS business items and events, that the CAS will on a periodic basis send email based communications to the Client notifying them of such items and events. Client agrees that receiving these emails is a part of their use of the Service, and if they wish to not receive these emails, Client account termination is necessary.
6. Member Account, Password and Security
Client's users will receive a username and password as part of the Service's registration process. Client is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and is fully responsible for all activities that occur under such password or account. Client agrees to (a) immediately notify the CAS or its representatives of any unauthorized use of Client's password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that Client exits from its account at the end of each session. The CAS and its representatives will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Client's failure to comply with this section.
7. Community Conduct
Client understands that all information, data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that the Client, and not the CAS or its representatives, is entirely responsible for all Content that it uploads, posts, emails, transmits, or otherwise makes available via the Service. The CAS and its representatives do not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.
Client agrees to not use the Service to:
• Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable;
• Harm minors in any way;
• Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent its affiliation with a person or entity;
• Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
• Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that Client does not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
• Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes,";
• Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, highjack, control, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
• Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
• Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service;
• Intentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
• Stalk or otherwise harass another; or
• Collect or store personal data about other users.
Client acknowledges that the CAS and its representatives do not pre-screen Content, but that the CAS and its representatives shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to reclassify within the Service any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, the CAS and its representatives shall have the right to remove any Content.
Client understands that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including its Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
8. Special Admonitions for International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, Client agrees to comply with all applicable laws of the United States regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, Client agrees to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of data exported from the United States or the country in which Client resides.
Client agrees to indemnify and hold the CAS and its representatives, their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of Content Client submits, posts, transmits or makes available through the Service, or breach of the TOS.
10. No Resale of Service
Client agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
11. Dealings with Advertisers
Client's correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between Client and such advertiser. Client agrees that the CAS and its representatives shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The CAS website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because the CAS and its representatives have no control over such sites and resources, Client acknowledges and agrees that the CAS and its representatives are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Client further acknowledges and agrees that the CAS and its representatives shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any third party sites or resources, or any goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
13. CAS’s Proprietary Rights
Client acknowledges and agrees that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Client further acknowledges and agrees that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to Client through the Service or advertisers may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by the CAS and its representatives or advertisers, Client agrees not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
The CAS grants Client a personal, non-transferable, and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on their computer; provided that Client does not (and does not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Client agrees not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. Client agrees not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the CAS and its representatives for use in accessing the Service.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
Client expressly understands and agrees that:
• Client's use of the Service is at its sole risk to the extent permitted by law. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The CAS and its representatives expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
• The CAS and its representatives make no warranty that (I) the Service and information received through the Service will meet Client's requirements, (II) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free, or virus-free, (III) any information that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, or (IV) any errors in the Software will be corrected.
• Any material downloaded, viewed, or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at Client's own discretion and risk and that Client will be solely responsible for any damage to Client's computer systems and networks, or loss of data that results from the download, viewing, or use of any such material.
15. Exclusions and Limitations
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of section 13 may not apply to Client.
16. Special Admonition For Services Relating To Financial Matters
If Client receives or requests any news, messages, alerts, or other information from the Service concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, such information is provided for informational purposes only, and no Content included in the Service is intended for trading or investing purposes. The CAS, and its representatives and licensors shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness, or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Service, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading or investment decisions made based on such information.
Notices to Client may be made via email. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service. Any Notice that Client is required or may desire to give to the CAS and its representatives under or in conjunction with the TOS or any agreement between the parties shall be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and shall be deemed to have been duly delivered based on the date that the electronic mail is received by the CAS mail servers.
18. Trademarks and Logos
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, or other words or symbols ("Marks") identifying the CAS and its representatives will remain such Party's exclusive property. Client agrees to not take any action that jeopardizes the other Party's proprietary rights or acquire any rights in the Marks. Except as specifically stated otherwise in an addendum or amendment hereto, no license to use any CAS logo or the logos of their representatives is granted in this section.
19. Copyrights and Copyright Agents
The CAS and its representatives respect the intellectual property of others and requires Clients to do the same. If Client believes that its work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or its intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the CAS with the following information:
• an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
• a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that Client claims has been infringed;
• a description of where the material that Client claims has been infringed is located on the site;
• Client's address, telephone number, and email address;
• a statement by Client that Client has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• a statement by Client that the above information in Client's notice is accurate and that Client is the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Upon receipt of such information, the CAS and its representatives, at its sole discretion, may perform an investigation and may take appropriate action if it desires.
20. General Information
The TOS and any Subscription Agreement between Client and the CAS and its representatives constitute the entire agreement between client and the CAS and its representatives. This governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and the CAS and its representatives. The failure of the CAS or its representatives to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in this provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
By using the Directory, you hereby accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The CAS Member Directory and its contents are proprietary products of the CAS. The contents of this Directory may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, republished, duplicated, disseminated, downloaded, entered into a computer database, used as part of or in connection with the preparation, revision, or confirmation of a commercial mailing, telephone, fax, email, or other marketing list, or otherwise utilized, in any form or manner or by any means, except for the user's individual use. The presence of CAS members in this Directory represents only that these individuals are members in good standing of the CAS, it does not represent their consent to receive any marketing or related communications.
Effective Date: February, 2021