The Institutes will send a copy of the grades directly to the CAS Office at the conclusion of the test window to be added to the candidates' admissions records. This can take up to 10-15 business days.
Candidates taking the virtual online courses will have 100 minutes to complete 75 application-based multiple-choice questions.Questions or concerns regarding CAS Online Courses should be directed to The Institutes' Customer Success group at (800) 644-2101 or (610) 644-2100, extension 6000, or CustomerSuccess@TheInstitutes.org.
Candidates will need a CAS Master ID to register. If you already have a CAS Account then your ID will be available under My Profile. If you do not have a CAS Account yet, please fill out a New Visitor Registration.
The Casualty Actuarial Society's education structure includes the following two online courses:
- CAS Online Course 1: Risk Management and Insurance Operations
- CAS Online Course 2: Insurance Accounting, Coverage Analysis, Insurance Law,and Insurance Regulation
Each online course itself contains learning objectives and all the educational material to meet these objectives and successfully complete the exam. The course fee includes one attempt at the exam.
The following printed materials are supplemental and may also be purchased from The Institutes, but are not required:
- Textbook contains material that is identical to the online course—only in a hardcopy format.
- Review Notes is a condensed version of the textbook.
- Course Guide contains sample questions and answers.
- Flashcards contain key words and phrases.
The materials described above may be purchased individually or in various package combinations.