The Institutes will send a copy of the grades directly to the CAS Office at the conclusion of the test window to be added to the candidates' admissions records. This can take up to 10-15 business days.
Candidates taking the virtual online courses will have 100 minutes to complete 75 application-based multiple-choice questions. Questions or concerns regarding CAS Data Insurance Series Courses should be directed to The Institutes' Customer Success group at (800) 644-2101 or (610) 644-2100, extension 6000, or CustomerSuccess@TheInstitutes.org.
Candidates will need a CAS Master ID to register. If you already have a CAS Account then your ID will be available under My Profile. If you do not have a CAS Account yet, please fill out a New Visitor Registration.
The Casualty Actuarial Society's education structure includes the following two online courses:
- CAS Data Insurance Series Course: Risk Management and Insurance Operations
- CAS Data Insurance Series Course: Insurance Accounting, Coverage Analysis, Insurance Law, and Insurance Regulation
- Data & Insurance Series Course: Introduction to Data & Analytics
Each course itself contains learning objectives and all the educational material to meet these objectives and successfully complete the exam. The course fee includes one attempt at the exam.
The following printed materials are supplemental and may also be purchased from The Institutes, but are not required:
- Textbook contains material that is identical to the online course—only in a hardcopy format.
- Review Notes is a condensed version of the textbook.
- Course Guide contains sample questions and answers.
- Flashcards contain key words and phrases.
The materials described above may be purchased individually or in various package combinations.
CAS Data Insurance Series Course Discounts
The CAS in partnership with the Institutes is pleased to offer a 50% discount on CAS Data Insurance Series Courses to students and candidates who are not currently employed full-time.
Students must complete the discount form located on the CAS Student Central website. CAS Student Central Membership is a requirement to receive the discount.
Candidates that are not students and are not currently employed full-time, please fill out the form on the CAS website.
Find out more details on the discount in the following announcement.