Founded over 100 years ago, the Casualty Actuarial Society is a global leader in general insurance, with a growing membership of actuaries working nearly 50 countries around the world. Our members are experts in property and casualty insurance, reinsurance, finance, risk management, and enterprise risk management. Professionals educated by the CAS empower business and government to solve problems and make well-informed strategic, financial, and operational decisions. The CAS is an active member of the International Actuarial Association.
Learn more about this exciting opportunity to embark on your actuarial career path!
- Gain valuable skills and knowledge to prepare for a successful actuarial career;
- Complete weekly self-paced modules in English;
- Join weekly discussions in either English or Mandarin with professionals and other students from the region;
- Work in teams on a case competition to solve a real-life actuarial problem;
- Build presentation, teamwork, networking, and other soft and technical skills;
- Spend approximately 10 hours per week on the program; and
- Be awarded a program certificate after successfully completing all program requirements.
Topics covered include::
- Predictive Analytics
- Hot Topics such as Reinsurance, IFRS-17, and InsureTech
- And More!
Current university students who are:
- Available Monday, July 3 to Sunday, August 27, 2023, to participate in the virtual self-paced and real-time learning, discussions, and projects.
- Attending university in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam. Students in other countries may qualify for our Student Central Summer Program.
- Majoring in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
- Interested in potentially pursuing a career in actuarial science in the general insurance, risk management, or finance industries.
- Only complete applications received in our online system by the deadline will be considered.
- As part of the applications process students are required to attach a copy of their most recent unofficial university transcript and provide an English language translation if needed.
- The CAS Asia Student Summer Program has limited capacity and those applicants not selected will be invited to participate in our fully self-paced summer program.
Learn more about our joining our candidate admissions pathway.