The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) Board of Directors are pleased to offer an updated measure designed to provide financial relief from the cost of CAS exam fees and exam preparation materials to qualified candidates and eligible candidates in qualified countries. Please review the stipulations and if you have any questions please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity Exam Reimbursement Program
The Society of Actuaries/Casualty Actuarial Society Diversity Exam Reimbursement Program is available to the following groups that are under-represented in the actuarial profession: African American, Black, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native North Americans or Indigenous residents, asylum seekers or university students on an educational visa in Canada or the United States. This reimbursement program is not designed for individuals employed full-time in an actuarial position.
CAS Country-Based Program Details
We are committed to providing our candidates around the world with the best testing experience possible and with our new partnership with Pearson Vue Testing Centers we will continue to expand opportunities globally.
Two-tiered Fee Structure
· Tier 1 Countries: are not part of the Fee Discount Program
- Standard exam fees (no discount) and Study Kit fees are applicable to candidates in Tier 1 countries
- Full-time students in Tier 1 Countries are eligible for a Student discount that is detailed in the standard registration form.
Candidates in Tier 1 countries are not eligible for the Examination Fee and Study Kit Discount Program and should use the standard registration form that is posted with the CAS Syllabus of Basic Education.
Tier 2 Countries (see Assistance Qualified Countries):
- Candidates employed or not employed in the financial services sector and related fields are eligible for the Fee Discount Program.
- Candidates in Tier 2 countries may be eligible for the Examination Fee and Study Kit Discount Program.
Application Process for the CAS Examination Registration Fee and Study Material Discount Program
- Candidates must apply to this Discount Program before attempting to register for an examination using a discounted fee. Approval takes approximately 2-3 business days. Exam registration forms will not be accepted concurrently with the Discount Program application.
- The Candidate must complete the application and submit it to the Casualty Actuarial Society. Applications must be submitted before registering for CAS Exams MAS-I, MAS-II and 5-9. A valid e-mail address is required for approval. Please ensure that your application is legible. Applications that are not legible due to poor handwriting or a poor fax transmission will not be processed. Applications with missing or erroneous information will be returned. Applications without a handwritten signature will be returned.
- Upon approval, candidates will be sent specially marked examination registration and order forms. These order forms will indicate the reduced fees available to the approved applicant. DO NOT distribute the forms you receive to other candidates. Unauthorized distribution of these specially marked forms will result in disqualification from the discount program.
- For subsequent examination sessions, candidates who previously received assistance, and who continue to meet the criteria, will receive specially marked forms in January and May. Candidates need only apply for assistance once to the CAS.
CAS Fee Discount Program for Exams MAS-I, MAS-II and 5-9
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- The Candidate must be a current full-time resident of a qualified country. A complete list of qualified countries is attached. Residents of the U.S. and Canada are not eligible. Full-time residency is defined as residing in a country for twelve months in each calendar year. For example, residents of China who study in the United States or Canada are not eligible to apply for or utilize the discount program.
- The Candidate will lose eligibility upon leaving the country or ending full-time resident status in the country.
- The Candidate must complete a one-time application for financial relief, attesting to the need for assistance.
- If a Candidate meets the requirements and is approved for assistance, should the country lose eligibility in a subsequent year, the Candidate will retain the right to assistance for a period of three years, starting from the date that the country loses its eligibility, provided that the Candidate continues as a full-time resident of that country.
- Candidates must write their examinations within a qualified country. If a candidate registers for an examination in the United States, Canada or any other ineligible country, participation in the discount program will be terminated.
- The candidate must adhere to all stated requirements for the examination.
- The candidate will permanently lose eligibility for the discount program if examination discipline penalties are imposed.
- Approved Candidates will be eligible for reduced examination registration fees. A discounted fee schedule will be included with the exam application form sent to approved candidates.
- Approved Candidates registering for their first CAS exam must first fill out the New Visitor Request form. Please do not fill out this form if you already have a CAS account.
- Standard registration rates apply to all Candidates for the CAS Course on Professionalism. No discounts will be applied.
- The CAS reserves the right to restrict registrations or purchases of study material.
- Complete Online Text References for Exams MAS-I, MAS-II and 5-9 are available electronically at no cost to the Candidate. Please visit the specific exam page for access.
- Study Kits for CAS Exams 5-9 will be available to Approved Candidates without shipping charges.
- Approved Candidates may purchase only one copy of a particular textbook or study note package under the discount program.
- Approved Candidates may not purchase study materials under the discount program which are pertinent to courses for which they already have credit.