Vote in the 2021 CAS Elections
The 2021 CAS election ballot is now available to be completed online. Voting members (Associates who have been members at least five years and Fellows) will receive an email from our online elections vendor, Elections Online, inviting you to complete the ballot. The email will include a unique username and randomly-generated password to access the ballot, along with a link to the ballot housed on the Elections Online website.
The ballot will ask Fellows to vote on the President-Elect, Board of Directors, and Bylaws Proposal, while the ballot presented to five-year Associates will include the President-Elect and Board of Directors only. Per the current CAS Constitution and Bylaws, only Fellows may vote on amendments to the governing documents.
In preparation for casting your ballot, please review the following materials available on the CAS website:
- Videos recorded by the candidates
- Biographical information
- Statements on why the candidate wants to serve in a leadership position
- Statements about issues that are of special interest to the candidate
- Candidates’ responses to questions posed by members
- CAS Board Proposes Constitution and Bylaws Amendments to Streamline Governance – announcement and supporting documents including proposed bylaws and FAQ
- CAS Vice Presidents Provide Perspectives on Changing Roles
- Video Message from the CAS President on the Bylaws Proposal
- Watch the Recording of the Webinar on the CAS Bylaws Proposal
When you access the ballot, you will be presented with a random ballot to ensure that all candidates receive equal opportunity to be placed first, second, third, etc. on the ballot. You will have an opportunity to preview your ballot selections before your votes are officially recorded.
The deadline for submitting your online ballot is 5:00 p.m. EDT on August 31, 2021.