Results of 2018 CAS Election
Balloting for the 2018 CAS election closed on August 29, 2018.
Steven D. Armstrong has been elected President-Elect.
A. David Cummings, Stephen Mildenhall, Julia Stenberg, and Melissa Tomita have been elected to the Board of Directors.
According to the election procedures approved by the Board, all vote counts are released to the membership. These follow:
|A. David Cummings||932|
|Matthew C. Mosher||547|
A total of 1,687 Fellows voted (30.9%), as compared to 1,649 Fellows last year (31.8%).
Finally, earlier this year, the following members were elected or re-elected by the Board to serve as Vice Presidents:
- Avraham Adler, Vice President-Research and Development
- Shane Barnes, Vice President-Marketing and Communications
- Justin Brenden, Vice President-Professional Education
- Jeanne Crowell, Vice President-Admissions
- Roger Hayne, Vice President-International
- Mary Hosford, Vice President-Administration
Congratulations to the new President-Elect and Board members, and to our new and continuing Vice Presidents. These members will assume or re-assume their positions at the close of the 2018 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
On behalf of the CAS, I thank all of the candidates in the 2018 election for their willingness to run and, if elected, to serve.
Brian Z. Brown
President, Casualty Actuarial Society