Casualty Actuarial Society Announces 2023 Volunteer Award Winners
The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) is pleased to announce the winners for the 2023 Volunteer Awards.
The New Members Award is given annually to one or more members of the CAS who have made significant volunteer contributions within five years of their most recent credential.
The 2023 New Members Award is awarded to:
- Ildiko Ban, FCAS for the Candidate Advocate Working Group,
- Rafael Costa, FCAS for Brazil Outreach and Data Insurance Series Courses (DISC) Task Force,
- Michael Mancuso, FCAS for University Liaisons, CAS Student Central Summer Program, the Syllabus and Examination Working Group, and the Annual and Spring Meeting Planning Working Groups,
- and Jason Nikowitz, FCAS for the Student Programs Task Force and Property Casualty Predictive Analytics Task Force.
The Above & Beyond Achievement Award is given annually to one or more members of the CAS who have made a recent contribution which is conspicuously above and beyond what is reasonably expected.
The 2023 Above and Beyond Achievement Award is awarded to:
- Bob Downer, FCAS for the Investment Council and tenure as Assistant Treasurer,
- Laura Hemmer, FCAS for the Candidate Advocate Working Group,
- Regina Kintana, ACAS for the Organization of Latino Actuaries (OLA)
- and Jeremy Lian, FCAS for the Asia Region Casualty Actuaries (ARECA).
The Matthew Rodermund Memorial Service Award recognizes CAS members who have made significant volunteer contributions to the actuarial profession over the course of their career. The award was established in 1990 in honor of Matthew Rodermund's years of volunteer service to the Casualty Actuarial Society.
The 2023 Matthew Rodermund Memorial Award is awarded to three CAS Fellows for their years of volunteer experience and contribution to the actuarial profession:
- Mary Hosford, FCAS,
- Kenneth Quintilian, FCAS
- and Julia Stenberg, FCAS.
This year’s honorees represent a diverse set of individuals spanning from the CAS’s pool of nearly 3,000 volunteers.
All volunteer award winners will be recognized at the 2023 CAS Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, California this November. Additionally, the CAS will feature the award winners in an article in an upcoming edition of the Actuarial Review.