CAS Releases Webinar for University Students, "COVID-19: The Property-Casualty Perspective"
CAS Research Actuary Brian Fannin, ACAS, CSPA, MAAA, recorded a webinar for university students based on his research brief, “COVID-19: The Property - Casualty Perspective.”[PDF] The recording, which has been released through CAS Student Central, our free membership program for students interested in pursuing an actuarial career, is also available to CAS members, affiliates and partners via the University of CAS website.
Questions covered during the webinar include:
- The world has experienced disease outbreak before. What is different this time?
- What is the potential impact from the COVID-19 pandemic on non-health lines of coverage?
- Could the pandemic lead to new theories of liability which would ultimately be borne by insurers?
- Why might property lines see an impact from COVID-19?
- The prognosis for the world economy is a global recession. What could this mean for profitability of the industry