Apply for the 2022 Midwestern Actuarial Forum (MAF) Scholarship
Apply for the 2022 MAF Scholarship
The objective of the scholarship is to further students’ interest in the property/casualty actuarial profession and to encourage the pursuit of the CAS designations.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of individual merit. The MAF Scholarship Program will award up to two scholarships to deserving students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Both will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Eligibility – You must meet all requirements to be considered
- Must submit all sections of the MAF Scholarship application by February 15, 2021
- Currently attending a U.S. college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full time student at a U.S. college or university in the 2021-2022 academic year
- Applicants must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by December of 2021
- Must be a member of CAS Student Central
- (Join here for free: CASstudentcentral.org)
- Preference will be given to residents or those attending schools in one of the Midwest States (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin)
- Applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
You must submit the following:
The four page MAF Scholarship application and attached essay.
One letter of recommendation included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Separate letters must be submitted and accompanied by the recommendation forms included. Only one recommendation letter will be considered.
A current official transcript.
*Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
*Completed applications are due by February 15, 2022.
*You will be notified of award decisions by March 11, 2022.
Applications are available from MAF or online at the MAF website at https://www.casact.org/affiliate/midwestern-actuarial-forum-maf