CAS Releases RFP on New Soft Skills Trainers
In the CAS Strategic Plan, the Envisioned Future of the CAS foresees that “CAS members are sought after globally for their insights and ability to apply analytics to solve insurance and risk management problems.” To help the CAS realize that Envisioned Future, the CAS is releasing a Request for Proposals for content writers/trainers/subject matter experts for two new online seminars addressing these key “soft skills” identified in the Strategic Plan: communication and leadership.
As P&C actuaries need to be confident and effective verbal communicators and leaders, key learning objectives of these two seminars will be:
Actuary as Communicator
- Incorporate basic verbal communication skills such as crafting the right message for your audience, understanding the elements of engaging your audience, importance of gestures, voice, speech/content organization.
- Present key concepts in various settings geared to the audience and desired outcomes
- Understand and incorporate into content the key issues facing executives and management within their companies
- Using data visualization, deliver complex analytical situations to non-technical audiences, especially management, more effectively
Actuary as Leader
- Incorporate into their work relationships key elements of leadership and influence without authority.
- Spot opportunities to apply critical problem-solving skills (learned through various in-class case studies).
- Apply critical analytical and problem-solving skills to solve greater business problems, outside the normal actuarial space.
- Expand work relationships within their companies to be able to relate to the concerns of the insurance executive to show greater value to them.
More information is provided in the Request for Proposals. Interested trainers need to submit their proposals by August 31. Depending on development time, the CAS desires the first seminars to be offered in the fourth quarter of 2022.