About This Event
This webinar is 90 minutes.
This webinar is complimentary to non-North American audiences in the CAS.
The presentation looks at some of the non-life COVID policies launched in Asia, from aspects including the product design, pricing, reserving approach and regulator intervention. Drawing from case studies in Asia, the speakers discuss some of the lessons learnt from this COVID experience of offering a seasonal product tailored to the current environment.
- Risk management considerations should be incorporated in developing new products
- The increasing importance of drawing from interdisciplinary knowledge in product innovation
- Striking a balance between product innovation and strengthening of industry supervision
- Outline the rise and fall of COVID-19 products in selected Asia markets
- Examine the reasons why such products failed from the angles of product design, pricing, reserving and regulator intervention
- Adopt new techniques that could better capture the underlying risks when pricing for a new product
This webinar is complimentary to non-North American audiences who are part of the CAS and the CIA. The webinar will be conducted over GotoWebinar. The link to enter the webinar will be sent two hours prior to the webinar taking place. Please make sure to test your system.
Catherine Lu joined Milliman Hong Kong in 2018 and is a non-life Consulting Actuary. Her experience includes reserve review, RBC implementation support, M&A appraisal valuation, market studies and reinsurance structure review for different Asian markets.
Yean Kim Chen is a Consulting Actuary in the non-life practice of Milliman Hong Kong. She has 9 years of non-life insurance experience in Asia. She has substantial experience in reserve review, M&A appraisal valuation and performance analysis, covering Hong Kong and the Southeast Asia markets.