November 6-9, 2022
Deadline: May 18
Thank you for your interest in participating with a CAS educational event. As a potential participant in our program, you play a vital role in its success. This General Terms of Speaking at CAS Events (the “Policy”) applies to all events organized, hosted, sponsored, or otherwise affiliated with CAS and CAS regional and international affiliates. Please read the following carefully, as it contains important terms for speakers.
Speaking at a Casualty Actuarial Society event is an esteemed privilege. Speakers with CAS meetings have the singular task of preparing and delivering their presentations to an audience. Speakers are expected to represent the CAS well and complete any required tasks from the event coordinators. Presentations delivered at any CAS events must be consistent with the mission and purposes of CAS, which are set forth below:
- To advance the body of knowledge of actuarial science applies to general insurance, including
property, casualty and similar risk exposures;
- To expand the application of actuarial science to enterprise risks and systemic risks;
- To establish and maintain standards of qualification for membership;
- To promote and maintain high standards of conduct and competence;
- To increase the awareness of actuarial science;
- And, to contribute to the well-being of society as a whole
Some Key Items Expected of CAS speakers
- Provide the draft presentation, transcript, handouts, etc. to moderators/coordinators for review and approval
- Provide any scheduling conflicts to event coordinator
- Upload a copy of the presentation for publishing to the web
- Check the accuracy of presentation and contact information
- Adhere to any deadlines put forth by event coordinator
- Register for the event, if applicable, and make hotel room reservations.
- Notify CAS in the event that an emergency should prevent you from meeting your obligations as a CAS speaker/presenter
- Adhere to this Policy and any additional guidelines/policies relating to the CAS event
The length of presentations and specific topics will vary depending on the event. Speakers are frequently volunteers and offer a great service to our society. They are also afforded an incredible opportunity for personal growth and professional exposure.