2017 CAS UNIVERSITY AWARD WINNER -
ST. JOHN'S UNIVERSITY
The actuarial science program at St. John’s University consists of 11 full-time faculty members and 166 students.
St. John’s was recognized as a 2017 award winner for its initiatives such as:
- A significant commitment to introducing actuarial students to interesting and relevant property/casualty issues and to make them aware of the importance of the Casualty Actuarial Society in their future.
- A faculty, which includes two CAS Fellows, both of whom have been awarded the CAS Woodward-Fondiller Research prize and one of whom is a former president of the CAS, who recognize the importance of property/casualty actuarial education and research.
- An Executive Speaker Series, which provides regular opportunities for students to interact with experts and chief executives from the property/casualty industry.
- Developing creative and innovative ways to illustrate property/casualty principles within the curriculum.
- A highly influential Board of Overseers who provide significant personal and corporate support to provide numerous and valuable opportunities to students to enhance their actuarial careers through internships and full-time positions.
“St. John’s University is honored to receive the Casualty Actuarial Society University Award and we want to thank the CAS for recognizing the dedication and accomplishments of our faculty, our students and the very successful graduates of our program. We at St. John’s take very seriously our responsibility to our students and the actuarial community to prepare our graduates for a career which is both fulfilling to them and contributes to the enhancement of an already great profession. This award serves as a humbling affirmation of our accomplishments to date and inspires us to work even harder in the future to fulfill our mission of providing a world-class actuarial education to our students.”