CAS and The Institutes Announce Refresh of Data Insurance Series Courses (DISCs)
The CAS and the Institutes are excited to announce the refresh of its ACAS pathway online courses, Online Course 1 and Online Course 2, to the new Data Insurance Series Courses: Risk Management (DISC RM) and Insurance Operations and Insurance Accounting, Coverage Analysis, Insurance Law and Insurance Regulation (DISC IA). The refreshed courses feature updated content, new video content, an improved user experience, and additional resources to enhance the learning experience.
More specifically, the refreshed courses provide several improvements including:
- Streamlined content that focuses acutely on building and applying fundamental skills.
- Digitally optimized features such as demonstration videos and subject-matter expert insights to help enhance the learning experience.
- Interactive features to check users’ understanding of key concepts as they study the content.
- Changes to make the course more user-friendly and easier to navigate.
The DISCs come with optional comprehensive study materials to help candidates pass their exams with confidence including:
- A printable study outline,
- Practice quizzes,
- A simulated exam,
- Discussion boards, and
The refreshed DISCs are available now and can be accessed through the CAS and Institutes websites.
Candidates who registered for older versions of Online Course 1 and 2 before April 16 have until September 15 to finish their assessments.