The Casualty Actuarial Society E-Forum is a nonrefereed, electronic journal produced by the Casualty Actuarial Society. The CAS is not responsible for statements or opinions expressed in the papers in this electronic publication. The CAS E-Forum is edited by the Committee for the Casualty Actuarial Society E-Forum and CAS staff.
All interested persons are invited to submit papers on topics of interest to the property-casualty actuarial community. Articles need not be written by a member of the CAS, but the paper’s content must be relevant to the interests of the CAS membership.
When submitting an article for publication, E-Forum authors should:
- Format the paper using the “Call Paper Template” on the CAS Research Paper Template Web page.
- Prepare a final electronic file of the paper in a popular word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word) or in PDF.
- Submit the paper via the CAS Publications submission portal on the ScholarOne website. Through the ScholarOne Author Dashboard, authors are guided through the following seven-step process:
- Step 1: Type, Title, & Abstract
- Step 2: Attributes
- Step 3: Authors & Institutions
- Step 4: Reviewers
- Step 5: Details & Comments
- Step 6: File Upload
- Step 7: Review & Submit
- Upload a signed and dated CAS Permission to Publish Form via the CAS Publications submission portal on the ScholarOne website.
- Upload any supporting documentation granting permission for the use of any proprietary or copyrighted material used in the paper. Permissions documentation must also be uploaded in instances in which the author is not the copyright holder of the paper (i.e., the author’s employer owns copyright to the work).
Questions on E-Forum submissions may be directed to Elizabeth Smith, CAS Director of Publications, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CAS E-Forum is posted periodically based on the number of call paper programs and independent articles submitted. The committee posts two to four editions during each calendar year.
Deadlines for papers are as follows:
- Winter...........December 1
- Spring.............February 1
- Summer................April 1
- Fall.......................June 1
Deadlines falling on weekends will be changed to the next business day.
Authors should allow six to eight weeks from the time of submission to posting on the E-Forum.
All comments or questions may be directed to the Committee for the Committee for the Casualty Actuarial Society E-Forum.