Publications & Research
Spring 23 E-Forum Now Available
The CAS is pleased to announce the release of its Spring 2023 E-Forum. This edition has four independent research papers and five ratemaking call papers, including two prize-winning papers, “Nonlife Insurance Risk Classification Using Categorical Embedding” by Peng Shi and Kun Shi and “An Analysis of the Current Saudi Arabian No-Claim Discount System and Its Adaptability For Novice Women Drivers” by Jorge Yslas-Altamirano, Asrar Alyafie and Corina Constantinescu.
Other papers include:
- “Machine Learning and Ratemaking: Assessing Performance of Four Popular Algorithms for Modeling Auto Insurance Pure Premium” by Sofia Colella and Harrison Jones
- “Projection of On-Road Liability Losses for Autonomous Driving” by Tetteh Otuteye, Corey Rousseau, Rafael Costa, Jiayi Huang and John Xu
- “Credibility Based Smoothing Using Ghost Trend” by Joseph Boor
- “A Trend Model for Social Inflation in Medical Professional Liability by Elizabeth Wellington
- “An Actuarial Approach to Stochastic Modeling of Casualty Catastrophe (Cat) Risk” by Neil Bodoff, Eric Dynda, Brandon Stevens and Krish Kamdar
- “The Variability and Tail Behavior of Compound Climatic Normal Conditions” by Queensley C. Chukwudu
- “The Problems with Equity - A Response to CAS Literature on Race and Insurance” by Joel Atkins
To access the papers, visit the E-Forum website.