New Additions to the CAS On-Demand Library!
2021 Spring Meeting Recordings
The 2021 Virtual Spring Meeting Recordings are now online! Obtain all three days of recordings for $250 (36 sessions total) or individual days for $100 each. View some of our most highly ranked sessions now on-demand!
- Natural Catastrophe Update and Trends
- Social Inflation: A Trend Model for Medical Professional Liability
- When is Premium More Risky Than Loss?
Complimentary - Two New Game Changer Microlearning Videos
The CAS has available two new microlearning videos on “Game Change – Practical Tips for Actuaries Dealing with Disruption”. These are free to all CAS members available on-demand.
Elizabeth Bart, Ron Lettofsky, and Chelsea Adler lead a lively discussion about how new technology is changing the game for cars, drivers, and auto insurance. After this video actuaries should have improved understanding of how they can potentially use technology and related data to:
- Develop rating variables with clearer causal relationship to claims.
- Coach improved driving behaviors.
- Develop a better claims experience.
- Improve ROI and marketing spend.
Pinnacle Actuarial Resources’ Managing Principal Joe Herbers provides a brief history of the statement of actuarial opinion (SAO) in the context of societal, economic and other changes. Joe illustrates how the SAO was influenced by historical events and how the industry’s response to those events shaped the SAO and consequently, the growth of the actuarial profession.