CIA Looking for COVID-19 Research Ideas
COVID-19 Impacts in Canada
The CIA Research Council encourages the submission of research proposals that can fulfill its goals to better understand the impact of COVID-19, and harness the unique skill set of the actuarial profession to develop an effective approach to handle the pandemic situation.
To help provide some guidance/inspiration, the Research Council suggested several research themes for considerations. Note that the list below is not exhaustive and proposals on other topics will be considered:
* Theme #1: Direct/indirect impacts to insured benefits under a pandemic
* Theme #2: Broader impacts to the insurance industry
* Theme #3: Impacts to pensions and retirement
* Theme #4: The new normal
* Theme #5: Collaboration opportunities beyond traditional actuarial and insurance
Instructions for submission
Please fill out the electronic form.
The Research Council is looking for proposals both for short-term projects (within the next 6–12 months) and long-term projects (12+ months).
* Please submit your proposal for short-term projects by June 1, 2020, at 23:59 (ET).
* Please submit your proposal for long-term projects by October 15, 2020, at 23:59 (ET).
If you have any questions, please contact Shlomit Jacobson, Program Manager, Research, at 613-236-8196 ext. 157.