Guide for Submission to CAS E-Forum
The Casualty Actuarial Society E-Forum is a nonrefereed, electronic journal produced by the Casualty Actuarial Society. The CAS is not responsible for statements or opinions expressed in the papers in this electronic publication. The CAS E-Forum is edited by the Committee for the Casualty Actuarial Society E-Forum and CAS staff.
All interested persons are invited to submit papers on topics of interest to the actuarial community. Articles need not be written by a member of the CAS, but the paper’s content must be relevant to the interests of the CAS membership.
When submitting an article for publication, E-Forum authors should:
- Format the paper using the “Call Paper Template” on the CAS Research Paper Template Web page.
- Prepare a final electronic file of the paper in PDF (preferred) or a popular word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word).
- Submit the electronic file to Elizabeth Smith, CAS Manager of Publications, email@example.com.
- Sign and date the Permission to Publish Form-CAS E-Forum and forward it to:
CAS Manager of Publications
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203
Fax (703) 276-3108
- If the author is not the copyright holder of the paper (i.e., the author’s employer owns copyright to the work), sign and date the Author Acknowledgement Form-CAS and forward it to Elizabeth Smith, CAS Manager of Publications, at the address, e-mail, or fax above.
The CAS E-Forum is posted periodically based on the number of call paper programs and articles submitted. The committee posts two to four editions during each calendar year.
Deadlines for papers are as follows:
- Winter...........December 1
- Spring.............February 1
- Summer................April 1
- Fall.......................June 1
Deadlines falling on weekends will be changed to the next business day.
Authors should allow six to eight weeks from the time of submission to posting on the E-Forum.
All comments or questions may be directed to the Committee for the Committee for the Casualty Actuarial Society E-Forum.