- 10/16/2017 Registration Opens for the Roadwork Ahead: Mapping the Next Two Years in Insurance Telematics Webinar
- 10/12/2017 Exam Sites, October 2017 CAS Exams
- 10/11/2017 Alice Underwood, FCAS, Named “Woman to Watch” by Business Insurance
- 10/11/2017 Registration Opens for the 2017 Annual Meeting Live Streaming Evening Event
- 10/04/2017 Milwaukee School of Engineering, Department of Mathematics Invites Applications for Faculty Position
- 10/16/2017 Casualty Actuarial Society Regional Affiliate in Asia (ARECA) Announces Second Seminar in Bangkok, Thailand
- 10/06/2017 ARECA Scholarship Writers - Call for Volunteers
- 10/05/2017 ARECA August Seminar Agenda and Presentations
The CAS Roundtable
I am honored to be the incoming President of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), and I look forward to starting my … Read more
Join us in Anaheim, CA for the CAS Annual Meeting, November 5-8, 2017. The annual meeting gives the opportunity to earn continuing education credits in a variety of sessions covering relevant and timely topics with networking opportunities.
Did you attend a national meeting or seminar earlier this year? Looking for session handouts, event information or anything else related to that event? Check out the Professional Education Archives page.
CAS Virtual Workshop: Basic Ratemaking
Oct 4-25, 2017
2017 Casualty Actuaries Of New England (CANE) Fall Meeting
Oct 17, 2017
Central States Actuarial Forum (CSAF) 2017 Annual Meeting
Oct 26-27, 2017
Buckeye Actuarial Continuing Education (BACE) Fall 2017 Meeting
Oct 27, 2017
Professionalism, Politics, & Prediction Error Webinar
Oct 31, 2017
12:00 - 1:30 PM
Volume 10 Issue 1
Included in this issue, articles on
• Loss developement and reserving
• Computing Semiparametric Bounds
• Generalized Linear Models
• Claims Triangles by Affine Age-to-Age Development
• Nonparametric Regression
• Mixed Erlang Distributions
And much more...
Future Fellows September 2017
Actuarial Review, May-June 2017
CAS E-Forum, Spring 2017
Future Fellows, March 2017
Actuarial Review, January-February 2017
CAS E-Forum, Winter 2017
New tool measures changes in extreme weather events and sea level. Actuaries Climate Index Updates for Spring-Summer 2016.
Other research activities:
- 2017 Reinsurance Call Paper Program
- An Adaptation of the Classical CAPM to Insurance: The Weighted Insurance Pricing Model
- Compendium of Credit Risk Resources
- 2018 Climate Change Call for Papers
- Data and Technology Working Party Report
- Bornhuetter-Ferguson Initial Expected Loss Ratio Working Party Report
- How Does Expanding Health Insurance Coverage Affect Workers' Compensation Costs?
- 2016 CAS Reserves Call Papers.
- Coming Soon: The Effect of Health Insurance Coverage Expansions on Auto Liability Claims and Costs