- 11/15/2017 ASTIN Webinar: Results of the ASTIN Working Party on the Exposure Draft of the Risk Adjustment Text Book for IFRS 17
- 11/15/2017 UCAS - Emerging Risks, ERM, Big Data and Professionalism Topic Packages - Discount Available
- 11/14/2017 Enterprise Risk Management Symposium Call for Presentations – Deadline December 8
- 11/14/2017 Registration Opens for the Interactive Live Stream Event: 2018 RPM Seminar
- 11/14/2017 2018 IABA Annual Meeting Seeks Presentations
- 11/21/2017 2017 Joint Seminar: Property Insurance in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 11/13/2017 IAA Announcement-Resources and Environment Working Group Webinar: Climate Change and Mortality Paper
- 11/13/2017 CAS And Peking University Hold "PKU-CAS Actuarial Month" To Promote The P&C Actuarial Profession
The CAS invites you to join us at the 2018 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling (RPM) Seminar, scheduled for March 19-21 in Chicago. Now in its 10th year, the RPM Seminar continues to evolve by amplifying its focus on modeling and offering sessions on innovative topics.
Did you attend a national meeting or seminar earlier this year? Looking for session handouts, event information or anything else related to that event? Check out the Professional Education Archives page.
Technology Based Examination Webinar
Nov 28, 2017
Roadwork Ahead: Mapping the Next Two Years in Insurance Telematics Webinar
Nov 30, 2017
Casualty Actuaries of the Mid-Atlantic Region (CAMAR) Fall 2017 Meeting
Nov 30, 2017
Board of Directors Teleconference
Dec 05, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Eastern Time
Introductory Predictive Modeling Limited Attendance Seminar
Dec 5-6, 2017
Volume 44 Issue 6
Inside this issue,
• The Others - Part 2
• The CAS 2017 Volunteer Honor Roll
• Volunteers and the Work They Do
• Editor's Note: A Fine Tradition
• President's Message: A Year of Change
• Year-End CE Policy Compliance Certification Due
And much more...
Variance Journal Volume 10, Issue 1
Future Fellows September 2017
Actuarial Review, May-June 2017
CAS E-Forum, Spring 2017
Future Fellows, March 2017
Actuarial Review, January-February 2017
CAS E-Forum, Winter 2017
New tool measures changes in extreme weather events and sea level. Actuaries Climate Index Updates for Spring-Summer 2016.
Other research activities:
- 2017 Reinsurance Call Paper Program
- An Adaptation of the Classical CAPM to Insurance: The Weighted Insurance Pricing Model
- Compendium of Credit Risk Resources
- 2018 Climate Change Call for Papers
- Data and Technology Working Party Report
- Bornhuetter-Ferguson Initial Expected Loss Ratio Working Party Report
- How Does Expanding Health Insurance Coverage Affect Workers' Compensation Costs?
- 2016 CAS Reserves Call Papers.
- Coming Soon: The Effect of Health Insurance Coverage Expansions on Auto Liability Claims and Costs