CAS Trust Scholarship Program
The objective of the scholarship is to further students’ interest in the property/casualty actuarial profession and to encourage the pursuit of the CAS designations.
Eligibility – You must meet all requirements to be considered
- U.S. or Canadian citizen or permanent resident visa
- Currently attending a U.S. or Canadian college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full time student at a U.S. or Canadian college or university in the 2014-2015 academic year
- Applicants must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by March of 2014
- Applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not yet won the CAS Trust Scholarship.
You must submit the following:
- The 4-page CAS Trust Scholarship application and attached essay.
- The 2 recommendation letters included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Only 2 recommendation letters will be considered.
- A current official transcript.
*Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
*It is the responsibility of the student to make sure all recommendation letters are complete and submitted by March 3, 2014.
Completed applications are due by March 3, 2014 and winners will be notified of award decisions by May 16, 2014.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of individual merit. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program will award up to three scholarships to deserving students for the 2014-2015 academic year. First place will receive a $10,000 scholarship, and Second and Third Place if chosen will each be awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
If you have questions or need more information, contact:
CAS Trust Scholarship Coordinator
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 276-3100