CAS Trust Scholarship Program
The objective of the scholarship is to further students’ interest in the property/casualty actuarial profession and to encourage the pursuit of the CAS designations.
You must meet all requirements to be considered:
- Submit all sections of the CAS Trust Scholarship application by March 1, 2018.
- You must be currently attending a U.S. or Canadian college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full-time student at a U.S. or Canadian college or university in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- You must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by March 1, 2018.
- You must be a member of Student Central.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not yet won the CAS Trust Scholarship.
You must submit the following:
- The online CAS Trust Scholarship application and attached essay.
- The 2 recommendation letters included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Separate letters must be submitted and accompanied by the recommendation forms included. Only 2 recommendation letters will be considered.
- A current official transcript. Indicate whether the academic term is a semester, trimester, or quarter. If the current transcript shows grades for only one academic term, then also provide the official transcript from your prior educational institution.
Please upload your official transcripts directly to the CAS Trust Scholarship application.
*Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
*It is the responsibility of the student to make sure all recommendation letters are complete and submitted by March 1, 2018.
Completed applications are due by March 1, 2018 and winners will be notified of award decisions by May 17, 2018.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of individual merit. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program will award up to three scholarships to deserving students for the 2018-2019 academic year. The First Place Winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship. The Second and Third Place Winners, if chosen, will each be awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
If you have questions or need more information, contact:
CAS Trust Scholarship Coordinator
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 276-3100