- 03/22/2018 Voting Still Open for 2018 Reserving Research Hall of Fame
- 03/20/2018 Registration Opens for the Interactive Live Stream Event: Spring Meeting
- 03/20/2018 CAS E-Forum, Spring 2018
- 03/16/2018 CAS Continues to Expand Use of Integrative Questions on Spring 2018 Exams
- 03/16/2018 Call for Monographs - Predictive Modeling of Individual Claims
- 03/14/2018 International Congress of Actuaries (ICA) 2018 Special Edition Newsletter - Last Remaining Contingent of Tickets
- 03/14/2018 Call for Presentations 2018 Joint Property/Casualty and Health Actuarial Seminar Taipei, Taiwan
- 03/01/2018 Institute and Faculty of Actuaries to Hold Webinars on the Implications of GDPR
The CAS invites you to join us at the 2018 CAS Spring Meeting, scheduled for May 13-16 in Boston, MA. The CAS Spring Meeting gives property-casualty actuaries the opportunity to earn continuing education credits in a variety of sessions, as well as many networkworking opportunities.
Did you attend a national meeting or seminar earlier this year? Looking for session handouts, event information or anything else related to that event? Check out the Professional Education Archives page.
Casualty Actuaries of RVA (CARVA) Spring Meeting
Mar 26, 2018
Board of Directors Teleconference
Apr 03, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Eastern time
A Watershed Moment: Private Flood Insurance is Here Webinar
Apr 05, 2018
Casualty Actuaries of the Northwest (CANW) Spring 2018 Meeting
Apr 06, 2018
Executive Council Teleconference
Apr 10, 2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern time
Volume 45 Issue 1
Inside this issue,
• The Insurtech Revolution
• Actuaries Versus Artificial Intelligence: What Do Actuaries Do? What Will They Do?
• Get to Know the CAS Trust Scholarship Winners
• President's' Message: Strength in Numbers
• Editor's Note: New Year, New Website
And much more...
Variance Journal Volume 10, Issue 1
Future Fellows September 2017
Actuarial Review, May-June 2017
CAS E-Forum, Spring 2017
Actuarial Review, March-April 2017
Future Fellows, March 2017
Actuarial Review, January-February 2017
CAS E-Forum, Winter 2017
New tool measures changes in extreme weather events and sea level. Actuaries Climate Index Updates for Spring-Summer 2016.
Other research activities:
- 2017 Reinsurance Call Paper Program
- An Adaptation of the Classical CAPM to Insurance: The Weighted Insurance Pricing Model
- Compendium of Credit Risk Resources
- 2018 Climate Change Call for Papers
- Data and Technology Working Party Report
- Bornhuetter-Ferguson Initial Expected Loss Ratio Working Party Report
- How Does Expanding Health Insurance Coverage Affect Workers' Compensation Costs?
- 2016 CAS Reserves Call Papers.
- Coming Soon: The Effect of Health Insurance Coverage Expansions on Auto Liability Claims and Costs