- 12/13/2017 Actuarial Organizations Explore Ways to Support Inclusion and Diversity Within the Profession
- 12/12/2017 Past President Steve Lowe Issues 100 CAS Donors in December Challenge to Benefit The Actuarial Foundation
- 12/13/2017 Carrier Management Profiles CAS Fellow Working in Insurtech
- 12/13/2017 Survey: Seeking CAS Content Experts!
- 12/13/2017 Registration Opens for the Big Data in Insurance Webinar
- 12/14/2017 Call for Papers - 2018 Joint Conference in Singapore
- 12/14/2017 IAA News Release: IAA Releases a Discussion Paper on Climate Change and Mortality
- 12/05/2017 ICA 2018 Newsletter - Special Edition
The CAS Roundtable
Recently, I made a trip through Wisconsin for visits with American Family, CUNA Mutual, and Sentry. I enjoy these … Read more
The CAS invites you to join us at the 2018 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling (RPM) Seminar, scheduled for March 19-21 in Chicago. Now in its 10th year, the RPM Seminar continues to evolve by amplifying its focus on modeling and offering sessions on innovative topics.
Did you attend a national meeting or seminar earlier this year? Looking for session handouts, event information or anything else related to that event? Check out the Professional Education Archives page.
Board of Directors Teleconference
Jan 02, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Eastern Time
Executive Council Teleconference
Jan 16, 2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern time
Actuarial Innovator Profile Series Webinar: William Wilt
Jan 25, 2018
Big Data in Insurance Webinar
Jan 30, 2018
CAS R for the P&C Practitioner Bootcamp
Feb 12-15, 2018
Volume 44 Issue 6
Inside this issue,
• The Others - Part 2
• The CAS 2017 Volunteer Honor Roll
• Volunteers and the Work They Do
• Editor's Note: A Fine Tradition
• President's Message: A Year of Change
• Year-End CE Policy Compliance Certification Due
And much more...
Variance Journal Volume 10, Issue 1
Future Fellows September 2017
Actuarial Review, May-June 2017
CAS E-Forum, Spring 2017
Future Fellows, March 2017
Actuarial Review, January-February 2017
CAS E-Forum, Winter 2017
New tool measures changes in extreme weather events and sea level. Actuaries Climate Index Updates for Spring-Summer 2016.
Other research activities:
- 2017 Reinsurance Call Paper Program
- An Adaptation of the Classical CAPM to Insurance: The Weighted Insurance Pricing Model
- Compendium of Credit Risk Resources
- 2018 Climate Change Call for Papers
- Data and Technology Working Party Report
- Bornhuetter-Ferguson Initial Expected Loss Ratio Working Party Report
- How Does Expanding Health Insurance Coverage Affect Workers' Compensation Costs?
- 2016 CAS Reserves Call Papers.
- Coming Soon: The Effect of Health Insurance Coverage Expansions on Auto Liability Claims and Costs