Go Above and Beyond - Volunteer!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the CAS. Through their many activities, volunteers essentially direct all phases of CAS operations.
- Volunteers Needed for MAS Exams (2/5/2018)
- Volunteers Needed for Communities of Interest Research Initiatives (1/24/2018)
- Volunteers needed for Participation Survey Task Force and MAS Exams (11/28/2017)
- ASTIN Working Party Looking for Volunteers (10/25/2017)
- ARECA Scholarship Writers - Call for Volunteers (10/6/2017)
- Volunteer Judges Needed for Temple University Actuarial Students Case Competition (9/27/2017)
How to Volunteer
There are many reasons why people like you volunteer:
- Expanding your abilities;
- Building a network;
- Influencing the course of the profession;
- And let's not forget the sheer enjoyment of it!
We're certain that one or more of these is a reason you will want to volunteer.
The "Above & Beyond Achievement Award" is an award where a member can nominate someone who they feel has made great contributions to the CAS.
CAS and You
Overview & Opportunities for New Members
You know the CAS as the organization that has provided your development and learning opportunities through the examination process. Do you know the mission of the CAS, its history, or its governance structure? Are you familiar with the member services available from the CAS? At the 2011 CAS Spring Meeting Joanne Spalla and Pat Teufel provided this information and more. Here you will find information about the additional personal development and enrichment available through the CAS volunteer opportunities.
A Resource for CAS Leaders
Do you think a CAS leadership position may be in your future? Are you a Chair or Vice-Chair of a CAS Committee or Task Force? At the 2010 CAS spring meeting Joanne Spalla, Pat Teufel, and John Kollar explained the vital role that Chairs play in accomplishing the CASï¿½s operational and strategic objectives. You will learn where your role fits in the CAS governance structure and the secrets of getting things accomplished within the CAS.