Call for Presentations 2023 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling Seminar
Call for Presentations
March 13 - 15, 2023* San Diego, CA*
*Date and location subject to change.
Deadline: August 23, 2022
Thank you for deciding to submit a proposal for the 2023 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling Seminar.
The Casualty Actuarial Society invites you to be a part of an exciting seminar for the spring of 2023. The 2023 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling Seminar (RPM) Working Group is soliciting your submission of proposals for presentations at the upcoming event scheduled for March 13 - 15, 2023 in San Diego, CA
We appreciate your willingness to contribute to the actuarial body of knowledge.
Sessions of particular interest for members would include topics such as:
- Advanced Ratemaking Models
- Impacts of Inflation: Policyholders, Ratemaking, and More
- Using Vehicle History or Telematics in Ratemaking
- What’s New in Accounting?
- View From the “Other” Side: What Do You Want Every Actuary to Know? (Underwriters, Lawyers, etc. – How they view and interact with Actuaries)
- Predictive Analytics
- Correlation with Categorical Variables
- No-Fault Insurance Transition in Canada (British Columbia)
- Fairness and/or Equity in Insurance
- Nondiscriminatory Rating Topics
- Machine Learning Basics
Please complete each item in this call as this helps the seminar organizers to select the best sessions. This also helps you to crystalize your thinking as you prepare your actual presentation so that you may hone your presentation to the desired audience.
Before you access the online proposal submission form, review this checklist to ensure you have everything you need to complete the process. For ease in submission, develop your proposal content first in MS Word or other word-processing software and then copy/paste it into the appropriate submission form fields. For explanations about any of the requested items, refer back to the full Call for Presentations Guidelines and Guidelines for Proposal Writers. Deadline for submission: August 23.