A few key reserving-relevant Actuarial Standards of Practice are listed and linked-to below solely for convenience, and the same is true for Statements of Principles. The user should be aware that the listing is not meant to be exhaustive and that the links provided may no longer be current.
Standards and Principles
- Actuarial Standards of Practices (ASOPs)
- ASOP 36 [P/C SAOs]
- ASOP 43 [P/C Unpaid Claim Estimates]
- Additional P/C - reserve related key ASOPs:
- ASOP 20 [Discounting]
- ASOP 21 [Working with Auditors or Examiners]
- ASOP 23 [Data Quality]
- ASOP 38 [Using Others' Models]
- ASOP 41 [Actuarial Communications]
- All ASOPs
- Statements of Principles
If a standard or principle you think is important is missing from this page, please feel free to email suggestions to Jody Allen, CAS Professional Education and Research Coordinator.