Education Policy Statement
(As Adopted March 23, 1981)
The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) is committed to the furtherance of actuarial knowledge through a comprehensive, integrated program of education and research, and to the establishment of related professional standards.
The basic educational objectives of the CAS shall be:
- To provide and foster a program of actuarial education leading
to Fellowship in the CAS
- by defining the basic areas of knowledge and skills necessary to obtain the competence to practice in the various actuarial specialties,
- by defining standards of educational achievement required for membership in the CAS,
- by providing means of measuring educational achievement;
- To provide and foster programs of actuarial education for members to update or expand their basic skills and knowledge;
- To promote and foster educational activities and research that will expand and enhance the overall base of actuarial knowledge;
- To provide mechanisms for disseminating to members and nonmembers resource material relating to actuarial topics of an educational nature.