Register by April 7 for the 2009 ERM Symposium
Take advantage of the early registration rate for the 2009 ERM Symposium by registering by April 7. Rates increase for registrations received after this date.
In addition, the sponsoring organizations have obtained a new, lower rate of $220 per night for the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers for ERM Symposium registrants.
Why stay at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers?
We realize there are many hotel options available to you as you make plans to attend the ERM Symposium. We encourage you to stay at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers in order to both maximize the quality of your meeting experience and to help the sponsoring organizations achieve the room-block commitment at this property.
- By staying at the headquarters hotel, you gain the opportunity to better network with your peers and remain in the center of the activity surrounding the meeting.
- By reserving your sleeping room at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, you are helping fulfill our contractual obligations with the hotel, and ultimately reduce the overall cost of the meeting.
If you haven't already, make your hotel registration soon by calling 877.242.2558 or by visiting the hotel reservation web page.
The 2009 ERM Symposium will offer:
- General sessions featuring top risk management experts offering their
- perspective on key risk issues facing organizations;
- Concurrent sessions
- A call for papers program showcasing new applied research in ERM;
- A track of sessions featuring academics presenting ERM research from leading universities;
- Several pre-program workshops on hot ERM issues;
- Networking opportunities to renew and expand your list of ERM contacts; and
- Exhibitors demonstrating their ERM services and knowledge.
Executive Director of the IFID Center
Are You a Stock or a Bond? Create Your Own Pension Plan for a Secure Financial Future
With volatile financial markets, individual investors are faced with even greater responsibility for their own retirement as corporations transfer the pension burden off their balance sheet. Moshe Milevsky will address the implications of this retirement risk shift and why it is more important than ever for human capital and financial capital – are you a stock or a bond? – to be analyzed jointly. Milevsky will also discuss FinSurance product design; spending retirement in Monte Carlo; sequence-of-returns in the risk zone; personal inflation rates for retirees; modern product allocation vs. traditional asset allocation as well as the role of pension annuities in the optimal lifecycle portfolio.
Senior Vice President of Willis Re Inc.
Group (Risk) Therapy - Cultural THeory and the Current Market Crisis
Sometimes we get too caught up in the risk management models and forget that one of the main things in our models is human behavior. And humans are social animals who form associations based upon their view of risk according to Social Theory. Ingram takes this 1990 idea about political cultures and shows how it can be used to explain some of the issues and likely futures that arise from the current financial crisis by looking at both individual and group motivations and choices.