Changes to CAS Exam 3F Requirement
The CAS is changing its Exam 3F credentialing requirement. The name of the requirement has changed from Exam 3F - Models for Financial Economics to Exam 3F - Financial Economics, effective July 1, 2018. Credit for Exam 3F will be granted to candidates who have successfully completed one of the following exams:
- A205, Financial Economics, by the Actuarial Society of South Africa
- Exam CT8, Financial Economics, by the Actuaries Institute (Australia), the Institute of Actuaries of India, or the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK)
- Exam IFM, Investment in Financial Markets, by the Society of Actuaries
- University Accreditation Program credit for Models for Financial Economics, by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- Exam waivers from the China Association of Actuaries as a cohort
The full syllabus for fall CAS exams will be posted in May 2018.