Recruitment of Actuary for Indian Insurance Regulator
06/17/2011 — The Government of India shall be filling up the post of Whole-time Member (Actuary) in the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (I RDA) located at Hyderabad for regulation and development of Insurance Industry. IRDA is a statutory body established under the IRDA Act, 1999.
The tenure of appointment to the post shall be 5 years from the date of joining office with a provision of reappointment subject to the maximum age of 62 years. The pay and allowances of the Whole-time Member shall be Rs. 2.50 Lakh per month without facility of house and car. The terms and conditions of pay, DA, CCA, TA, PF, Pension etc shall be governed by I RDA (Salary and Allowances payable to and other Terms and Conditions of Service of Chairperson and other Members) Rules, 2000. which can be visited at www.irda.gov.in
Applications are invited from persons of ability, integrity and standing who have knowledge and experience in Actuarial Science and who fulfill the following conditions:-
Eligible candidate shall be:
- A fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries in the UK (IFA), or
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (IAAust.), or
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries in the US, or
- Casualty Actuarial Society in the US, or
- Fellow of Canadian Institute of Actuaries. Canada. Or
- Post - Graduation or Ph.D in Actuarial or related sciences from reputed institutions.
- Applicant should be a citizen of India. Minimum age for selection is 45 years with an experience of at least 5 years in actuarial functions.
- Applicant should have a minimum of two years of residual service on the date of appointment i.e. not in excess of exact age of sixty years as on 31.08.2011.
Application containing the bio-data along with one passport size photograph should be sent to the following address in a closed cover superscribed with "Application for the post of Whole-Time Member (Actuary), IRDA".
The Application should reach the following address on or before 30.06.2011.
Shri S.K. Mohanty,
Under Secretary of the Government of India,
3rd Floor, Jeevan Vihar Building, Parliament Street,