Teufel to Become CAS President; Josephson Voted President-Elect
ARLINGTON, Va.—Patricia A. Teufel, who was voted in as president-elect in 2010, will become CAS president at the close of the 2011 CAS Annual Meeting. Gary Josephson has been elected CAS president-elect.
Balloting for the 2011 CAS election closed on August 31, 2011. A total of 1,375 Fellows voted (35.5%), as compared to 1,166 Fellows last year (31.9%). CAS Fellows elected Shawna S. Ackerman, Steven D. Armstrong, Annette J. Goodreau, and James R. Merz to the CAS Board of Directors. Immediate Past President Ralph Blanchard will chair the CAS Board of Directors. The following members were elected or reelected by the CAS Board to serve as vice presidents:
- Leslie R. Marlo, Vice President-Administration
- Virginia R. Prevosto, Vice President-Admissions
- Barry A. Franklin, Vice President-ERM
- Kris D. DeFrain, Vice President-International
- Nancy A. Braithwaite, Vice President-Marketing and Communications
- Chester John Szczepanski, Vice President-Professional Education
- Alice M. Underwood, Vice President-Research and Development
These Fellows will assume their positions at the close of the 2011 Annual Meeting in Chicago.
According to the election procedures approved by the Board, all vote counts are released to the membership. These follow in the table.