Results of 2010 CAS Election
Blanchard to Become CAS President; Teufel Voted President-Elect
ARLINGTON, Va.—Ralph Blanchard, who was voted in as president-elect in 2009, will become CAS president at the close of the 2010 CAS Annual Meeting. Patricia A. Teufel has been elected CAS president-elect.
Balloting for the 2010 CAS election closed on August 30 2010, and the CAS Tellers verified the election results. CAS Fellows elected C. K. “Stan” Khury, Ronald Kozlowski, Andrew E. Kudera, and Jeanne (Swanson) Crowell to the CAS Board of Directors. Immediate Past President Roger M. Hayne will chair the CAS Board. The following members were elected or re-elected by the board to serve as vice presidents:
- Leslie R. Marlo, Vice President-Administration
- David L. Menning, Vice President-Admissions
- Barry A. Franklin, Vice President-ERM
- Kris D. DeFrain, Vice President-International
- Nancy A. Braithwaite, Vice President-Marketing and Communications
- Chester John Szczepanski, Vice President-Professional Education
- Louise A. Francis, Vice President-Research and Development
These Fellows will assume their positions at the close of the 2010 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC.
A total of 1,166 Fellows voted in this year’s election, or 32% of the Fellows. This compares to 1,208 Fellows or 35% for last year.
According to the election procedures approved by the Board, all vote counts are released to the membership. These follow at left.