New Online Exam Registration Process Described
Updated: August 2009 Online exam registration for Exams 3L and 5-9 will have a new look starting with the October 2009 exams. Although the links for online exam registration will continue to be posted in the “Admissions/Exams” section of the CAS Web Site, candidates will actually register for exams through the CAS Online Store.
Because of the way that the CAS Online Store processes sales, to register, candidates must take the following steps:
- Log into the exam registration site. Please note that you will have to have a signed Electronic Signature Authorization Form (ESAF) on file at the CAS Office to register online for exams.
- Verify that your pre-populated contact information is correct. If it is not, you may update it at on the registration form.
- Enter your Date of First Full-Time Property-Casualty Employment if it has not been pre-populated – or check the box to indicate that you have not worked full-time in the property-casualty field. (If you do not remember the exact date, you may use the first day of the month/year that you started. This information is used to calculate travel time through the CAS basic education system and only the month/year will be significant in the analysis.)
- If you are a full-time student, you must check the box and complete the three information fields (i.e., school name, expected graduation date, and degree expected).
- Select the exam location from the drop-down options.
- Select your registration type as “Candidate” (for all those who are not full-time students) or “Full-time Student.” All required fields are presented in bold typeface.
- Under “Event Fee – Certification Registration,” check “I would like to register for exams in this sitting.” There is no charge for this item ($0) but it ensures that the exams that you select below are linked to the correct exam sitting.
- Select the exam(s) for which you wish to register.
- Check the box to indicate that you have read the rules and regulations concerning the exam(s) and agree to be bound by them.
- Press the “total” button to see the final charge and then press the “Register” button to proceed. You will then go to view your “Shopping Cart” that summarizes your transaction. When you hit the “Check-Out” button, you will then proceed to the billing information screens.
- On the final screen, hit the “Submit Order” button to submit your registration. You will receive an automated confirmation by e-mail.