Results of 2008 CAS Election
Balloting for the 2008 CAS election closed on August 29, 2008 and the CAS Tellers have verified the election results. Roger Hayne has been elected President-Elect.
Eugene Connell, Wayne Fisher, Alice Underwood, and Mavis Walters have been elected to the Board of Directors. The following members were elected or re-elected by the Board to serve as Vice Presidents:
- Kenneth Quintilian, Vice President-Administration
- David L. Menning, Vice President-Admissions
- Kevin G. Dickson, Vice President- ERM
- Ralph S. Blanchard, Vice President-International
- Patricia A. Teufel, Vice President-Marketing and Communications
- Andrew E. Kudera, Vice President-Professional Education
- Louise A. Francis, Vice President-Research and Development
These Fellows will assume their positions at the close of the 2008 Annual Meeting in Seattle.
A total of 1,219 Fellows voted in this year's election, or 37% of the Fellows. This compares to 1,118 Fellows or 37% for last year.
According to the election procedures approved by the Board, all vote counts are released to the membership. These follow:
Congratulations to the new President-Elect and Board members, and to our new and continuing Vice Presidents! On behalf of the CAS, I want to thank all the candidates in the 2008 election for their willingness to run and, if elected, to serve.
Christopher S. Carlson
President, Casualty Actuarial Society