2017 In Focus Seminar: The Actuary of Tomorrow
October 2-3, 2017
In our rapidly changing profession, P&C actuaries face new challenges every day.
As risks emerging from new technologies require more complex risk quantification and management tools, previous methods may no longer be relevant. At the same time, tools of the digital revolution — smartphones and wearable devices — are giving us more data than ever before. It is vital that actuaries mine this increasing volume of data and develop innovative techniques to evaluate it.
The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) invites you to be a part of the 2017 In Focus Seminar: “The Actuary of Tomorrow” scheduled for October 2-3 in Chicago, Illinois.Â At the 2017 In Focus Seminar, we’ll address these challenges head-on with actuaries and other professionals conveying how to accommodate change and disrupt established ways of thinking. You will learn how to build better ideas, fail fast and safely, and apply your skills in nontraditional roles. Join us â€¦ because, ready or not, tomorrow is now.
Sample topics will include:
- Peer to Peer Insurers
- Digital platforms
- Tech Start-ups
- Artificial intelligence
- Cat Modeling
- Actuaries outside of traditional fields (marketing, claims, HR, etc)
- Collaboration between Actuaries and other professions
- The future role of an actuary in an environment where historic data does not exist (flood in Canada, cyber risk, autonomous vehicles liability)
- Innovation Thought Process
- For more information on In Focus content, please contact CAS Professional Education Coordinator, Nora Potter
- For more information on attendee registration, please e-mail email@example.com
- For more information on In Focus other than registration or content issues, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on other CAS opportunities, or for more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints and refunds, please contact the CAS Office by email or at (703) 276-3100