CAS Discussion Forum
Guidelines for the CAS Discussion Forum
All users of the CAS Web Site Student Discussion Forum must comply with the General Disclaimer and the following specific Guidelines. User understands that the CAS does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the material posted by Forum users or endorse any opinions expressed by users or links or referrals recommended by users.
- All policies of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), including the CAS Policy and Guidelines for Antitrust Compliance, apply to the use of this Discussion Forum. The CAS is committed to adhering strictly to the letter and spirit of the antitrust laws and the basic antitrust rules for CAS members described in the CAS Policy and Guidelines for Antitrust Compliance.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting information onto the CAS Web Site, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright for such information, or has received permission from the person or entity that owns the copyright for such information. By posting information onto the CAS Web Site, the posting party grants the CAS and users of the CAS Web Site the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information. Subject to the grant of this license, the posting party retains any other rights that the party may have for such information.
- Inappropriate, defamatory, abusive, anti-competitive, or illegal statements, opinions, and material are prohibited. Users must comply with generally accepted business e-mail etiquette.
- Nothing communicated in this Discussion Forum should be construed as legal advice, regardless of the source.
- Users should not post any commercial solicitations or advertising on the Discussion Forum. User acknowledges and understands that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at the user’s own risk.
- The submission must be related to the purposes of the Discussion Forum as outlined below.
What Kinds of Topics are Discussed in the CAS Discussion Forum?
- Substantive discussion concerning topics such as exams, exam questions, exam quality, and salary levels (to name a few).
- Circulation of draft articles for comments and discussion.
- Comments on new articles of common interest.
- Professional and collegial exchanges in the effort to develop a greater sense of community among CAS Discussion Forum colleagues.
The CAS does not actively monitor the Discussion Forum for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. If notified by a user of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Guidelines and the CAS’s Web Site policies, CAS may, but has no obligation to, investigate and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request removal of the communication and to remove the user’s Forum privileges. CAS has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
The CAS accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by users. The CAS assumes no liability and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the statements made in the Discussion Forum. Those individuals using this forum shall do so at their own risk and shall also remain responsible for their actions and statements in using the forum.
Individuals are limited to 3 screen names. Each screen name must have a unique email address. You must submit a separate form for each screen name you wish to register. Information submitted at the time of registration is ordinarily considered confidential. However, CAS employees and officers are authorized to access your registration information on a case by case basis to investigate complaints or other allegations of abuse. The CAS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the Guidelines.