Webinar on the
Exposure Draft of the CAS Continuing Education Policy
December 4, 2008, 10:30-11:30 a.m. EST
In September, the CAS Board of Directors authorized the release of the Exposure Draft of the CAS Continuing Education Policy, with a comment deadline of December 19, 2008. In an effort to ensure that members and employers of actuaries are fully aware of the proposed continuing education policy and how the policy will affect them, the CAS is offering a complimentary Webinar.
The Webinar will include:
- Brief overview of the developments leading to the proposed continuing education policy.
- Discussion of the rationale for the policy.
- Outline of how CAS members are affected by the proposed policy.
- Summary of the timeline for implementing the proposed policy.
- Question and answer session.
Note: This Webinar will be recorded and made available on the CAS Web Site a few days after the live event for those who are unable to participate on December 4.
All CAS members are encouraged to participate. Members living and practicing outside of the United States and Canada are especially encouraged to participate and become informed as to the changes being proposed.
- Christopher S. Carlson, Chairperson, CAS Board of Directors and Consultant, Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc.
- J. Scott Bradley, Chairperson of the Continuing Professional Development Task Force, Ascendant Risk Services
Registration Information and Fees
While there is no fee to participate in the Webinar, advanced registration is required. In an effort to manage costs to CAS for this complimentary offering, participants in the same office are encouraged to share a WebEx connection and phone line. Registrations will only be accepted via the CAS Web Site’s online store.