Interactive Live Stream Event: Spring Meeting
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
6:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Eastern)
Registration is now closed.
If you are unable to attend any seminars or meetings before the end of the year, don't worry, you still have a chance to get organized CE! Now you can participate live in our CAS events from your home or office. The program planning committee has handpicked sessions from the upcoming meeting in Toronto to live stream over the web. You will have the opportunity to interact with other virtual attendees as well as pose questions to the panel during the session.
Highlights of attending include:
- Connect with peers from around the world
- Participate in educational sessions presented by knowledgeable speakers
- Earn CPE hours without the cost of travel
- Relevant information you can benefit from immediately
- Useful presentation materials highlighting main ideas and key points
- Live Q&A – the experts answer your questions
- Real – time insights that give you a competitive advantage
- Low – cost, professional development opportunity
The opinions expressed by speakers at this event are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the CAS.
6:30 – 7:30 a.m.
C-6: Current Applications of Microinsurance Innovations
8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Economic Capital Modeling – Is It Impacting Business Decisions? (General Session 2)
10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Addressing Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
1:15 – 2:30 p.m.
Overview and Practical Applications of Machine Learning Methods in Pricing
2:45 – 4:00 p.m.
Climate Change Risks and Opportunities for Actuaries
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above, or Linux
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM – 512 MB recommended
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- 16 –bit sound card
Internet Connection Speed
- For a reliable viewing experience at medium quality we recommend a downstream connection speed of at least 700Kbps.
- Viewers can select a higher (up to 2Mbps for HD) or lower (198Kbps for low) video quality on the player depending on the connection speed.
- Please ensure that if you are watching the Live Stream from work, your organization allows for streaming video. (A URL to the streaming site will be provided upon registration in the confirmation email.)
REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND FEES:
Registration is now closed.
|Registration Fees (in U.S. Dollars)||Received On/By:|
Group Registration* (only one connection provided)
* Group Registrations must provide a list of attendees to the CAS via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, so CAS may note attendance for all participants in their CAS member record.
** For assistance with attendee registration, please email email@example.com.
Please note that registration is open until Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
Registration fees will be refunded for cancellations received in writing at the CAS Office via fax, 703 –276 –3108, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 17, 2017 less a $25 processing fee.
CAS CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
The CAS Continuing Education Policy applies to all ACAS and FCAS members who provide Actuarial Services. Actuarial Services are defined in the CAS Code of Professional Conduct as "professional services provided to a Principal by an individual acting in the capacity of an actuary. Such services include the rendering of advice, recommendations, findings or opinions based upon actuarial considerations."
Members who are or could be subject to the continuing education requirements of a national actuarial organization can meet the requirements of the CAS Continuing Education Policy by satisfying the continuing education requirements established by a national actuarial organization recognized by the Policy. For further information regarding the CAS Continuing Education Policy please visit the CAS web site.
This live stream event may qualify for up to 7.5* CE Credits for CAS members. Participants should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. CAS members earn 1 CE Credit per 50 minutes of educational session time, not to include breaks and/or lunch.
*The amount of CE credit that can be earned for participating in this activity must be assessed by the individual attendee. It also may be different for individuals who are subject to the requirements of organizations other than the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- For more information about the Live Stream Event, please contact Nora Potter at email@example.com.
- For more information on attendee registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Registrations must provide a list of attendees to the CAS via email after the live stream: email@example.com, so CAS may note attendance for all participants on their CAS member record.
- For more information on other CAS opportunities, or for more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints and refunds, please contact the CAS Office at (703) 276 –3100 or by email.