Interactive Online Courses
Professionalism is one of the most important core values at the CAS. This course provides member responsibilities under the Code of Professional Conduct and an overview of the CAS Discipline Process.
All CAS members need to be fully versed in the Code of Conduct including the recent changes to the Agreement of Joint Discipline, effective March 31, 2013.
- Understand individual responsibilities under the Code of Professional Conduct
- Understand the differences between Statements of Principles and Standards of Practice
- Know how to make a complaint and the rights and obligations if a complaint has been made
- Know what happens in the investigatory phase of a discipline proceeding
- Understand how the Agreement on Joint Discipline affects the CAS Discipline Process
- Know the types of discipline considered by the disciplinary authority
All CAS members, including international members and seasoned actuaries who have not taken the Course on Professionalism for quite some time (if at all). This is also a great review for new members!
Ms. Pat Teufel is a past president of the CAS and has served on the Boards of both the CAS and the American Academy of Actuaries. Her practice spans over forty years and encompasses company and consulting roles, as well as actuarial and non-actuarial functions. She is a frequent speaker at the CAS Courses on Professionalism and has served on a subcommittee of the Actuarial Standards Board.
|CAS Member, or Active Candidate*||$75 per course|
|Non-Member||$95 per course|
|Groups, up to 10**||$300 per course|
* An Active Candidate is a non-CAS member who has attempted at least one actuarial exam in the last two years.