2015 CAS Annual Meeting
November 15-18, 2015
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at or participation in CAS meetings, seminars and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the CAS's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproduction and audiotapes of such events and activities.
Casual business attire is suggested for the conference sessions and receptions. It is best to wear layered clothing as meeting rooms tend to fluctuate in temperature.
In Philadelphia, the average high temperature during November is 57 degrees F and the average low is 38 degrees F.
Continuing Education Credits
The CAS Continuing Education Policy applies to all ACAS and FCAS members who provide actuarial services. Actuarial services are defined in the CAS Code of Professional Conduct as "professional services provided to a Principal by an individual acting in the capacity of an actuary. Such services include the rendering of advice, recommendations, findings or opinions based upon actuarial considerations." Members who are or could be subject to the continuing education requirements of a national actuarial organization can meet the requirements of the CAS Continuing Education Policy by satisfying the continuing education requirements established by a national actuarial organization recognized by the Policy.
This activity may qualify for up to 15.5 CE credits for the Annual Meeting for CAS members. Participants should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. CAS members earn 1 CE credit per 50 minutes of educational session time, not to include breaks or lunch.
Note: The amount of CE credit that can be earned for participating in this activity must be assessed by the individual attendee. It also may be different for individuals who are subject to the requirements of organizations other than the American Academy of Actuaries.
University of CAS
Visit the University of the CAS to enhance your experience in professional education. UCAS provides a virtual world of opportunities through the capture of live content from CAS meetings and seminars. UCAS offerings include a variety of session presentations, audio recordings, podcasts and recorded webinars.
Following the meeting, select sessions from the 2015 Annual Meeting will be recorded and available to meeting attendees free of charge and to others for a fee. UCAS now offers recorded sessions from the 2015 Seminar on Reinsurance, 2015 Spring Meeting, 2015 Ratemaking and Product Management Seminar, 2014 Annual Meeting, 2014 Casualty Loss Reserve Seminar, 2014 In Focus Seminar, and the following recently recorded webinars:
- Ride Sharing and Insurance Issues
- What's Driving the P/C Industry? A Look at Economic and Actuarial Trends
- Homeowners Telematics
- CAS Actuarial Innovator Profile Webinar Series: Jason Harger
- Incorporating Model Error into the Actuary's Estimate of Uncertainty
- CAS Actuarial Innovator Profile Webinar Series: Melissa Salton
- Reserve Ranges and the SAO
Please visit the UCAS website on the CAS home page for more information.
- For more information on Annual Meeting content, please contact Dave Core, CAS Director of Professional Education and Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on attendee registration, please email email@example.com.
- For more information on the Annual Meeting other than registration or content issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on other CAS opportunities or administrative policies such as complaints and refunds, please contact the CAS Office at (703) 276- 3100.