2012 CAS Annual Meeting
November 11-14, 2012
Walt Disney World Dolphin/Swan Hotel
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Due to an increasing number of registrations, the 2012 CAS Annual Meeting at the Walt Disney World Swan Resort has been relocated to the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort. All events that are a part of the CAS Annual Meeting will be held within the meeting space of the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort. These two properties combined comprise the single entity: Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and are connected via a covered walkway. It is only a 5 minute walk from one property to the other.
Check out a 360° View of the covered Walkway!
The 2012 CAS Annual Meeting will now be held at:
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 United States
Main Resort Phone: 407-934-4000
Toll Free: 888-828-8850
During the transfer of space from the Swan to the Dolphin, the resort reservations will take new sleeping room requests on a waitlist. This does not necessarily mean that no rooms are available, there will just be a short period of transition.
Reservations may be made via telephone at1-800-227-1500. Please reference Casualty Actuarial Society.
Leave the everyday behind and enter a world of wonder and enchantment at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Located in the heart of the most magical place on earth, and situated on 87 acres of beautiful lake front property, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort provides a truly extraordinary backdrop for your Orlando vacation or meeting. Beautiful tropical landscaping, tranquil waterways and classic art and architecture work together to create a stunning landmark in the midst of one of the most spectacular places on earth. Inside our magnificent Disney resort, an environment of elegance and sophistication awaits.
Guests of the Swan and Dolphin are entitled to many special Disney benefits to help make the most of their time, such as complimentary scheduled transportation to the Disney theme parks and attractions, on-site Disney ticket and information desks, the Extra Magic Hours benefit in the theme parks, on-site character dining, and advance tee times on championship Disney golf courses. Spend fun-filled, action-packed days in the theme parks or water parks neighboring our Disney resort. Enjoy award-winning dining experiences, abundant shopping, amazing entertainment and invigorating recreational activities at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
The following policies are applicable to room reservations:
- A deposit equal to one night's stay is required to hold each individual's reservation. Such deposit shall serve to confirm the reservation for the date(s) indicated and, upon check-in, shall be applied to the first night of the reserved stay. This deposit is refundable if notice is received at least five (5) days prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained. All deposits shall be charged at the time the reservation is made.
- All reservations require a valid credit card and picture identification at time of check in.
- An early departure fee equal to one night's room and tax will apply if the guest checks out prior to the reserved checkout date. Guests wishing to avoid this fee MUST at or before check-in of any change in the scheduled length of stay.
Additional Accommodation Information
Important Information Regarding Official Annual Meeting Hotel
The Casualty Actuarial Society is able to conduct high-quality meetings at desirable sites for a reasonable registration fee because a block of hotel rooms is reserved for meeting attendees. In exchange for filling the required number of sleeping rooms, the CAS is permitted to use the hotel's meeting space at no cost, thus keeping registration fees low. In addition, meeting attendees receive a reduced rate for their sleeping rooms over leisure travelers. We kindly request that all meeting attendees take advantage of the group rate and stay at the official Annual Meeting property, the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is approximately 30 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO) and transportation options and average fares are below:
- The Mears shuttle service: $21 one way; $34 roundtrip. Call 407-423-5566 to make reservation.
- A metered taxi costs approximately $75 one way.
- A town car costs approximately $82 one way.