Go Above and Beyond - Volunteer!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the CAS. Through their many activities, volunteers essentially direct all phases of CAS operations.
- Actuaries Without Borders (AWB) Volunteer Opportunity in Kenya (6/22/2015)
- CAS Seeks Nominations for Service Awards (5/26/2015)
- Volunteers Sought for New Task Force on Professional Education Topics and Delivery (3/18/2015)
- Volunteer Judges Needed for Temple University Actuarial Students Case Competition – March 28 (2/25/2015)
- Need Volunteers for The Actuarial Foundation Scholarship Committees (2/18/2015)
- Limited Attendance Seminar Subcommittee Call for Volunteers (2/10/2015)
How to Volunteer
- Complete the Participation Survey in July each year.
- Become a University Liaison.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
There are many reasons why people like you volunteer:
- Expanding your abilities;
- Building a network;
- Influencing the course of the profession;
- And let's not forget the sheer enjoyment of it!
We're certain that one or more of these is a reason you will want to volunteer.
The "Above & Beyond Achievement Award" is an award where a member can nominate someone who they feel has made great contributions to the CAS.
CAS and You
Overview & Opportunities for New Members
You know the CAS as the organization that has provided your development and learning opportunities through the examination process. Do you know the mission of the CAS, its history, or its governance structure? Are you familiar with the member services available from the CAS? At the 2011 CAS Spring Meeting Joanne Spalla and Pat Teufel provided this information and more. Here you will find information about the additional personal development and enrichment available through the CAS volunteer opportunities.
A Resource for CAS Leaders
Do you think a CAS leadership position may be in your future? Are you a Chair or Vice-Chair of a CAS Committee or Task Force? At the 2010 CAS spring meeting Joanne Spalla, Pat Teufel, and John Kollar explained the vital role that Chairs play in accomplishing the CAS’s operational and strategic objectives. You will learn where your role fits in the CAS governance structure and the secrets of getting things accomplished within the CAS.