Electronic Signature Authorization Form
Before registering online for the first time for CAS-specific Exams LC, ST, S and 5-9, a candidate must submit an Electronic Signature Form to the CAS Office.
Individuals wishing to register online for the ST-9 Exam for CERA Qualification must have an ESAF on file at the CAS Office regardless of Associate or Fellow designation.
ESAFs are only needed for online exam registration. You do not need to submit an ESAF to register using the printable registration form. If you have an account and need assistance registering online or accessing the CAS website for any other purpose, please contact Sophie Uy for assistance. If you need to create an account, please visit the New Visitor Registration form.
- Please allow at least several weeks for the form to be processed, except if a submission deadline date is posted. Forms received by that date will be processed in time for that sitting.
- This form is typeable. In order to ensure the accuracy of your contact information please type your information online then print and sign the form. If you prefer to print, please PRINT LEGIBLY.
- Fee-Discount Program participants are not eligible for online registration and should not submit an ESAF form.
- You will receive e-mail confirmation once the form has been processed. Do not try to register online for exams if you just submitted an ESAF; please wait until you receive the confirmation e-mail.
- If submitting a form close to the deadline for exam registration, please follow up if you do not receive a confirmation at least one day prior to the deadline. The CAS Office may not be aware that you did not receive the confirmation or your form may not have been received. No exceptions are made if the exam registration deadline is missed.
- Do not include any characters for your password (@, $, %, ., _, etc.). Any characters included will be removed when the password is entered.
- Please do not submit multiple ESAFs.
- Forms must be signed before they can be processed, please check to make sure the form is signed before submitting. Only hand-written signatures will be accepted. Digital or typed signatures will NOT be accepted as the form is treated as a legally binding document and must have a legal written signature.
- If you are faxing or e-mailing please submit forms as either .pdf or .jpg. Do not embed the form in the e-mail body; please send it as an attachment to the e-mail.
- If you are submitting an ESAF with a name change, please submit legal proof of the name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, notorized certificate of name change from the courts, etc.) along with your ESAF.
- ESAFs do not need to be and should not be password protected; please do not submit an ESAF that requires a password to view.
Once an ESAF is on file with the CAS, the form does not need to be submitted again, with the exception of a name change.
Associates who would like to register online for remaining exams and already have an ESAF on file with the CAS Office do not need to re-submit an ESAF.
Associates who do not have an ESAF will need to submit an ESAF before being able to register online.
If you need to verify whether or not you have one, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESAFs must be sent to the CAS Office using one of the following:
Forms must be signed before being faxed.
- Mail or Courier
Forms must be signed before being mailed.
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, Virginia 22203
Forms must be signed before being scanned and e-mailed.
Please send to: email@example.com
Please indicate "Electronic Signature Authorization Form" in the subject line.