Electronic Signature Authorization Form
Who Needs to Submit an ESAF?
- All candidates who wish to register online for CAS-specific Exams LC, ST, S, and 5-9 must submit an Electronic Signature Form to the CAS Office.
- Individuals wishing to register online for the ST-9 Exam for CERA Qualification must also have an ESAF on file at the CAS Office regardless of Associate or Fellow designation.
- ESAFs are only needed for online exam registration. You do not need to submit an ESAF to register using the printable registration form.
- Fee-Discount Program participants should not submit an ESAF as they are not eligible for online registration.
If you have an account and need assistance registering online or accessing the CAS website for any other purpose, please contact Sophie Uy for assistance. If you need to create an account, please visit the New Visitor Registration form.
Is an ESAF Required for Every Exam Registration?
Once an ESAF is on file with the CAS, the form does not need to be submitted again, with the exception of a name change. If you are submitting an ESAF with a name change, please submit legal proof of the name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, notarized certificate of name change from the courts, etc.) along with your ESAF.
Associates who would like to register online for remaining exams and already have an ESAF on file with the CAS Office do not need to re-submit an ESAF.
Associates who do not have an ESAF will need to submit an ESAF before being able to register online.
If you need to verify whether or not you have one, please e-mail Sophie Uy.
ESAF Processing Timeline
Please allow several weeks for the form to be processed, except if a submission deadline date is posted. Forms received by that date will be processed in time for that sitting.
If submitting a form close to the deadline for exam registration, please follow up if you do not receive a confirmation at least one day prior to the deadline. The CAS Office may not be aware that you did not receive the confirmation or your form may not have been received. No exceptions are made if the exam registration deadline is missed.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation once the form has been processed. Do not try to register online for exams if you just submitted an ESAF; please wait until you receive the confirmation e-mail.
- The ESAF PDF is a fillable form. In order to ensure the accuracy of your contact information please type your information online then print and sign the form. If you prefer to print, please PRINT LEGIBLY.
- Do not include any special characters in your password (@, $, %, ., _, etc.). Any special characters included will be removed when the password is entered.
- Do not submit multiple ESAFs.
- Please make sure that you have signed your ESAF prior to submitting. Unsigned forms will not be processed. Only hand-written signatures will be accepted. Digital or typed signatures will NOT be accepted; the form is treated as a legally binding document and must have a legal written signature.
- Please submit forms as either .pdf or .jpg if you are faxing or e-mailing. Do not embed the form in the e-mail body; please send it as an attachment to the e-mail.
- Do not submit an ESAF that requires a password to view. ESAFs do not need to and should not be password protected.
Where Should I Send My ESAF?
Completed and signed ESAFs must be sent to the CAS Office using one of the following:
Subject: Electronic Signature Authorization Form
|Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203