Meet the Issues
The 2011 CAS election ballot will include proposals for changes to the CAS Constitution and Bylaws, based on resolutions passed by the CAS Board of Directors. The balloting on these proposals will take place in conjunction with this year's elections, from August 1-31, 2011.
This section of the Web Site has been established to provide information about the ballot propositions.
Overview of the Issues
- Summary of Proposed Changes to CAS Constitution and Bylaws
- Redlined Version of CAS Constitution and Bylaws [.pdf]
- Webinar on Current CAS Issues Held on July 7, 2011
ACAS Voting and Board Service Eligibility
- Voter's Guide to ACAS Voting and Board Service Eligibility [.pdf]
- Task Force for Associate Rights Report [.pdf]
Proposed Changes to Discipline Process
- May 11, 2011 Letter from Presidents of the U.S.-based Actuarial Organizations
- July 25, 2011 Letter from Presidents of the U.S.-based Actuarial Organizations [.pdf]
- Set of questions and answers about the proposal (Updated July 11, 2011) [.pdf]
- Hypothetical case study that compares the current process to the proposed process [.pdf]
- Proposed Agreement on Joint Discipline [.pdf]