Careers at the Casualty Actuarial Society
The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) is an individual membership society supporting over 7,500 highly educated, professional actuaries working primarily for insurance and consulting companies.
The Society employs 39 talented professionals dedicated to providing the best possible service to our members, candidates and others through the establishment and tracking of membership qualification standards and the provision of research and learning opportunities such as peer-reviewed publications and educational seminars.
Why work for us?
The CAS values the members of our actuarial family. Our strong sense of community and professionalism fosters an environment which promotes work-life balance and supports the career and personal goals of staff members. Our headquarters is located in the growing, easily accessible Ballston area of Arlington, close to Washington, DC.
By joining the CAS, you'll become part of a team of employees who participate in the following world-class benefits.
Insurance and Retirement
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage
- Metlife dental coverage
- Metlife vision coverage
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- 401K retirement savings plan with employer contribution upon hire
Leave, Work Arrangements and Transportation
- Paid vacation, federal holidays and sick leave
- Alternative work arrangements including staggered arrive/leave time and telework opportunities
- Transportation allowance for Metro or parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
Community and Wellness
- On-site fitness center
- Business casual dress code policy
- Work-life balance environment
- Length of service recognition
- Company luncheons and social gatherings
List of current opportunities at the CAS
To apply to the position(s) listed below, please send your resume, covering letter and salary requirements to Elizabeth Murray at email@example.com