- 01/18/2018 CAS to Host Open House for Local Members and Candidates
- 01/18/2018 Registration Opens for the Claim Levels Analytics Webinar
- 01/17/2018 Actuaries Climate Index™ Spring 2017 Data Released
- 01/17/2018 Future Fellows Blog: Ask an Actuary – David Wright Part 2: Being a Catastrophe Modeler
- 01/17/2018 Changes for the Fall 2018 CAS Syllabus of Basic Education
- 01/18/2018 ICA 2018 Newsletter - Special Edition
- 01/18/2018 Register for the Technology-Based Examination Webinar (Asia-Pacific Region)
- 01/17/2018 Register for ICA 2018 by January 31 to Benefit from the First Early Bird Fee
The CAS invites you to join us at the 2018 Ratemaking, Product and Modeling (RPM) Seminar, scheduled for March 19-21 in Chicago. Now in its 10th year, the RPM Seminar continues to evolve by amplifying its focus on modeling and offering sessions on innovative topics.
Did you attend a national meeting or seminar earlier this year? Looking for session handouts, event information or anything else related to that event? Check out the Professional Education Archives page.
Actuarial Innovator Profile Series Webinar: William Wilt
Jan 25, 2018
Big Data in Insurance Webinar
Jan 30, 2018
Technology-Based Examination Webinar (Asia-Pacific Region)
Feb 08, 2018
Board of Directors Meeting
Feb 13, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Eastern time
Executive Council Teleconference
Feb 14, 2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern time
Volume 45 Issue 1
Inside this issue,
• The Insurtech Revolution
• Actuaries Versus Artificial Intelligence: What Do Actuaries Do? What Will They Do?
• Get to Know the CAS Trust Scholarship Winners
• President's' Message: Strength in Numbers
• Editor's Note: New Year, New Website
And much more...
Variance Journal Volume 10, Issue 1
Future Fellows September 2017
Actuarial Review, May-June 2017
CAS E-Forum, Spring 2017
Actuarial Review, March-April 2017
Future Fellows, March 2017
Actuarial Review, January-February 2017
CAS E-Forum, Winter 2017
New tool measures changes in extreme weather events and sea level. Actuaries Climate Index Updates for Spring-Summer 2016.
Other research activities:
- 2017 Reinsurance Call Paper Program
- An Adaptation of the Classical CAPM to Insurance: The Weighted Insurance Pricing Model
- Compendium of Credit Risk Resources
- 2018 Climate Change Call for Papers
- Data and Technology Working Party Report
- Bornhuetter-Ferguson Initial Expected Loss Ratio Working Party Report
- How Does Expanding Health Insurance Coverage Affect Workers' Compensation Costs?
- 2016 CAS Reserves Call Papers.
- Coming Soon: The Effect of Health Insurance Coverage Expansions on Auto Liability Claims and Costs